John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
(02-11-2016, 11:04 PM)nutriman Wrote: The last one at the beach looks too greenish/ cold
The one with the road I see too much saturation on the right
The sunset on the beach has too much violets instead of oranges.

Might be a Monitor issue, check your pics on different screens.
I wouldn't go back in and paint over, you can color balance it, values look good to me!
Keep it up! :)
I really appreciate the critiques! I kinda see what you see.

I have an inquiry, if I may. How would you fix the greens on the beach? I tried laying on a darker valued, higher saturation yellow-orange but somehow ended up looking like mud.

I'm not copping out on this one. It's not a monitor issue. I made bad color choices, given the limited time I let myself to finish the piece (around 40mins to an hour), which brings me to this question..

Is it better to limit my time on painting or finish when I think it is? The problem with giving myself unlimited time to finish is, it stretches into weeks and sometimes it feels like its never done!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Study Dump) - by John - 02-12-2016, 01:31 AM