John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
(02-13-2016, 06:21 AM)JyonnyNovice Wrote: Hey, welcome to the forum, i think it's not such a bad thing to enjoy making your stuff more than looking at it - they always say it's about the journey not the destination.

What are your goals with your art, where do you want to take it?
Thanks for the warm welcome Jonny!

I honestly do not know where. My knee-jerk response was, "where ever there's money to be made". I know people who draw boobs for a living. I even met a guy who got himself through college just by doing those. But I can't see myself doing that, for a lot of reasons.

I do not know what making 'it' means to me at this moment in time. What's 'it', you know what I mean? I envy those people who got their trajectory all planned out. I can only wish to have their resolve.

If you're wondering why I even bother doing this in the first place if I am this goal-less schmuck, I got into art through the process of elimination. I am not a math guy. Not athletic nor built like a rock. I have trouble with forming words and throwing them out for someone to hear. Sometimes, I can't even read right. But, I think, I am halfway decent in drawing.

So, it's a toss up between a janitorial career or this. If this fails, can I interest you with a weekly bathroom cleaning service?

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Study Dump) - by John - 02-13-2016, 03:03 PM