John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
(02-15-2016, 02:49 PM)Axrel Wrote: One thing to remember in landscapes is that when objects are further away (in most cases mountains) they get less saturated and lighter (atmospheric perspective).
Also for all of your studies, I think that you could push your values more. If you have strong darkest darks and lightest lights, then you studies will really stand out. :) Overall, great job and keep up the good work.

Thanks for the tips on the atmospheric perspective. I should have known. And you are right. The time I was painting, I thought I was pushing the dark values hard. Apparently not hard enough. Thanks.

(02-15-2016, 09:23 PM)nutriman Wrote: agree with Axrel plus one tip: You can color dodge the sun in, it'll give a nice glow..
don't overdo it though. ;)

That never crossed my mind. I will give it a go! Thanks!

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Study Dump) - by John - 02-16-2016, 12:30 AM