John's Thread (Used to be super active! Still the longest thread name ever in CD)
(02-26-2016, 02:48 AM)nutriman Wrote: John, do you set a time limit for your works beforehand or do you just note the time it took you to finish?

I realized it from gesture drawing that limiting time can be a good thing to learn how to make the important marks but on color studies I don't like to set a time limit..but it might be a good thing there too, I might go for it if recommended.

I really like the newer greenish studies (especially Dracaena), they look much more natural than the saturated garish one from before!

Yes, I do set a time limit. An hour at least. When I lose discipline, or I feel that I got nothing out of the study, I extend until I think I got at least a nugget out of it. Which could go on for a couple more hours, or at least until I get tired of it.

I agree with you on not setting a time limit on color studies. But, there are times I slave away for hours on end without knowing, which is just me pretty much just going into zombie mode.

Thanks for the comment! I really tried to pick the right colors on those studies!

Time: 1 Hour
Study: Bargue study

Original: Left
Time: Forever
Study: Ruo Li (Thanks to Amit for the reference!)

If you are reading this, I most likely just gave you a crappy crit! What I'm basically trying to say is, don't give up!  
----
IG: @thatpuddinhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: Works only a mother can love (John's Study Dump) - by John - 03-02-2016, 09:38 AM