MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey
(03-27-2016, 06:32 PM)MiniPantsu Wrote:
(03-27-2016, 05:04 AM)herkkusieni Wrote: Welcome on board, and may I say you're off to a pretty amazing start already! Even in art school you can only improve if you put in a lot of hard work and hours on your own, so being self-taught is not much different, really. There are so many amazing tutorials and videos from professionals nowadays online that it can be pretty overwhelming even, kinda makes you think if studying on your own can even be more useful sometimes... and being without debt is pretty great too! Keep up the great work c:

Thank you! I do agree with you actually.. however not having a diploma would kinda limit my visa a lot.. and certain companies only take people with diploma OR 10-ish years of industry experience.. so yeah.. there's that I guess. That's also why I'm not 100% decided on further education yet..

That's true as well, but the majority of the concept artist ads I've seen have the art school diploma as a bonus, rather than a requirement (Blizzard as one of the places), I do believe that your portfolio will speak much louder than a diploma, and places that might have that requirement might still even hire you, you'll never know! But it's obviously not bad if you do decide to go for it, it's great for that "safety" of a degree and also contacts in the industry. I suppose there is no wrong option here, really :P

find my embarrassing old art in my blog

Messages In This Thread
MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by MiniPantsu - 03-16-2016, 12:11 PM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by Riprap - 03-17-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by Janet - 03-27-2016, 05:04 AM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by Janet - 03-28-2016, 02:49 AM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by DK - 04-12-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by Pax - 06-13-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: MiniPantsu's Concept Art Journey - by DK - 07-22-2016, 07:52 PM