Critiques would be nice, thank you
Thank you both for the quick response :) I should provide some context into the idea of the painting. The scene isn't exactly underwater. I was really inspired by the cave scene in the Prince of Egypt movie and how the lights were reflecting on the walls, and I wanted to somewhat mimic that. I'll try to attach reference for you guys.

[Image: anigif_enhanced-12611-1409756451-4.gif]

I would agree that my colors are very monotonous. Truthfully, I just wasn't very sure how to sneak in more color variations. I knew my light source was blueish, but I couldn't completely figure out how that light would interact with the different hues specifically on the soldiers armor. That thumbnail you posted is quite helpful though. I probably should have looked at more master painting references to help me with color.

Edges are something I've always struggled with. I've never been sure where to soften edges and where to keep them sharp? I know there's probably not any hard and fast rules, but would there be any specific spots in my piece above where edges should be softer?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Critiques would be nice, thank you - by yangdaniel027 - 03-18-2016, 04:17 PM