CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP
The joke with that mask was supposed to be that the cutesy animu eyes are fake, and the real eyes are the blushy cheeks to the side, sort of like killer whales have these white spots that make them look way cuter than they have any right to be. I agree though, it just doesn't create the right right kind of mood.

So, I experimented with bodytypes, created more variations on spooky masks, and tried to model some of them on Roms face.

Then I wanted to design a chutuluh monster that's recognizeable as the protagonist from bloodborne, but couldn't stop myself from turning it into something silly...

and I did some doll studies.

The scene I want to depict is already pretty clear to me. The doll is leading a scary-looking nightmare monster out of the hunters dream into the real world. Just from what people know about the game, they should be able to tell that that monster has to be the first games protagonist, so there's no real need for additional visual cues, but if I come up with something that isn't too blatant I'll include it.  I don't know what kind of shot I want to do yet though. Having the doll in the foreground would be more impactful than this kind of sideview, but it would also limit the field of vision a lot, and I'm not sure if the action taking place would still be clear.

Messages In This Thread
CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by Lodratio - 04-04-2016, 05:52 AM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by smrr - 04-05-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by John - 04-06-2016, 01:05 AM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by BrushNoir - 04-06-2016, 09:38 AM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by Lodratio - 04-07-2016, 11:59 AM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by Amit Dutta - 04-07-2016, 04:16 PM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by Lodratio - 04-24-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: CC2: Lodratios Eldritch WIP - by smrr - 04-24-2016, 06:50 AM