Learning how to have proper draftsmanship
First off, thank you so much for taking your time on me!
I really appreciate the in depth feedback because I'm still a beginner who doesn't know much.
Also I didn't get the impression that you were an asshole at all, you sound pretty chill.

Anyway, how I go about studying now is by observing its volume and angles. But I don't establish the ground plane or can't really see it exactly.
I also put the things I know about perspective by showing parallel lines. All I'm familiar with is 2 point perspective. One other thing I memorized about it is that the height line of the box usually goes down because it's going down the core of the earth. I don't know, it was a weird thing I memorized.
I thought I was more confident with perspective or knew the general rules but I guess that shows how much I know.

I know good resources like Scott Robertson and downloaded his video series on beginner perspective. I'll try watching that and see how I do in the next couple of weeks (since my classes don't start until next week). But I will definitely go back over with draw a box. I'm struggling with ellipses and I remember quitting after a few tries.

But yeah, thinking back at it, perspective was more important than I thought/I underestimated it. Without it, you can't really draw anything on your own.

Again, thank you for the feedback!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Learning how to have proper draftsmanship - by DarlingDove - 05-09-2016, 10:27 AM