Learning how to have proper draftsmanship
Happy to have helped <3 glad I didn't come off too much like an asshat

Oh, yeah, in my longer explanation that got deleted I recommended you check out Scott Robertson (that legend I feel I owe him my life lol) and his How to Draw book. But his vid series is just as good, so you'll be set n_n

Something that helped me get a grasp on ground plane, horizon line etc was to consider the horizon line at your eye level. Wherever your eye level is, is where the horizon line is plotted, and the ground plane is where your feet are standing. I observed this before getting How To Draw and then Scott pretty much solidified this idea. He then goes into what constitutes warped perspective/distortion too after this, which is both helpful and terrifying (because... math lol)

Haha that's an interesting thing you memorised n_n
Its funny how random things like that just stick in our memory like glue, whereas things we want to instill in our minds take more work to ingrain ;_;

You will find many answers in these couple of weeks of study. Just like building muscle, you gotta work on your form first and foremost, if you can't do more than 3 pushups, work on perfecting those three before moving to 4 and so on and so forth 

Hope to see you round, make a sketchbook if you haven't already -- us Daggers are always happy to help o/

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all

Messages In This Thread
RE: Learning how to have proper draftsmanship - by smrr - 05-09-2016, 11:04 AM