Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure
Monthly Review - June 2016

What Worked Well
Having a set of clear tasks saved me from scratching my head wondering what to do next.
Having a Task Bucket allows me to record useful tasks which I don't have time to do right away but they will be there so I can come back to them later.
I was able to add new tasks to the current month and move other tasks back into the task bucket.  This allowed me to respond to unexpected learning opportunities whilst not losing sight of the original tasks.
Keeping my sketchbook updated with my thoughts and studies allowed others to come in and give me a nudge in the right direction and this was really helpful and appreciated :).

What Didn't Work Well
Failed to get to bed by 11:30pm.  I will mitigate this by allowing myself to split tasks up over several nights instead of trying to finish each one all in one sitting.
I seemed to underestimate a few tasks.  I will add another 30% onto my estimates.
I've been neglecting my warm-ups so I will make sure I do 10mins of gestures with traditional pencil and paper at the start of each session next month.

Tasks Completed This Month (June 2016)
Complete Perspective Grid Imagination Drawing 1 - Back Three Quarter [1 hour estimated] [2 hours actual].
Complete Perspective Grid Referenced Drawing 1 - Back Three Quarter  [1 hour estimated] [1.5 hours actual].
Do a diagram of Biceps Origin And Insertion and memorize [0.5 hours estimated] [0.5 hours actual].
Study Hampton: Landmarks - Volume section [1 hour estimated] [1 hour actual].
Study and understand Perspective Distortion [2 hours estimated] [2 hours actual].
Study the Cone Of Vision information from JyonnyNovice [2 hours estimated] [3 hours actual].
Hunt down some tutorials on the basics of rendering light and shadow [0.5 hours estimated] [0.5 hours actual].

Metrics For This Month (June 2016)
Estimated Hours = 8 hours
Actual Hours = 10.5 hours
Actual Monthly Work Velocity (based on 1/2 a month's stats) = 2 x 10.5 = 21 hours/month.

Priorities For Next Month
Start studying Values
Continue studying Perspective
Continue studying Anatomy

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
RE: Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure - by Artloader - 07-01-2016, 06:46 AM