Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure
Hah. Fun seeing someone as "metric-driven" -don't know if you still struggle with getting to bed on time (I always do) -but something that helped me was to establish an hour of "wind-down" time where I don't do art up until sleep. I always tended to push staying up a little further, then staying up late for friends/events always fucked this up. The wind down time, usually time spent reading nonfiction and turning off all my electronics, allowed for decompression and easier nail the time. Plus, reading fiction always helped to exercise and try to push my mental visualization.

Because of this, I moved up the time when I'd start to get to work (also have a day job) setting a "do or die" time start working at my desk on projects. (Get off work at 5, get to work by 7, usually push to start by 6) I split my days by am and pm slots; am for studies, pm for client work and projects. Having transition "fluff" times was important to mitigate shit like my bus being late, getting stuck at work, dinner taking longer, but the real success is in the cyclic reactionary cycle churning passively for for improvement. Consistency is more important than being "hardcore" and working 14 hours straight without sleep then sleeping 12 hours the next day to recover. O_o

Good luck man! Hope that's helpful somewhat. I love seeing people work hard and smart! :]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Become Pretty Good At Drawing And Rendering The Human Figure - by Heliux - 07-23-2016, 04:23 AM