What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook)
Dennis - Thanks bro, but i didn't really think anything beyond that xD. I should probably try do more random things though

Jerry - Hope i don't get high on my own supply and crash and burn xD. Also you should get on skype more, i'm sick of hearing my friends talk about guildwars.

ramalooke - your witch illustration has me itching to do more imaginative. Hope i can get something done of that quality this week :D.

So this week i felt like i was a little lazy or something. Probably hearing all my friends having fun playing guildwars 2, and no one wanted to stream for me :(. I also ended up / still am watching a final fantasy 13 playthough, so that's a little distracting because i usually stop painting to watch all the cinematics. Next week hopefully i do better.

[Image: 0105PracticeSketches270812.jpg]

I rediscovered my hate of faces. One day I will conquer you. The ones without direct ref are horrible :(.

[Image: 0106PracticeSketches280812.jpg]

I tried out the whole pen tool selections hannes/alex negrea method for the bottom study here. I think it was a poor move for this particular one, as it was frustrating as hell dealing with my pen tool skills, poor drawing, and then loosing the edges. I don't know if it was quicker, i shouldve timed :(. I feel for certain things though, it would definitely be a good way to go.
[Image: 0107PracticeSketches280812.jpg]

I've been experimenting with lab sliders, and I think they are the coolest things ever. Everyone should give it a shot. The tutorial which taught me how to use them is here
http://fox-orian.deviantart.com/art/LAB-...e%3A1&qo=3
That guy has some really good tutorials
[Image: 0108PracticeSketches300812.jpg]
[Image: 0109PracticeSketches310812.jpg]

I thought dave palumbo's gorgeous figure studies were simple enough for a noob like me to understand. I though i kinda got it, but i need to work on it more when somebody hasn't figured out all the brushstrokes for me. And the values..., and the drawing... :(
[Image: 0110PracticeSketches010912.jpg]
[Image: 0111PracticeSketches020912.jpg]

More 3d. I probably would've gone past blockin into detail if i could settle on a specific reference, but i couldn't. Totally not me just being lazy :(.
[Image: AR-15.png]

I wasn't going to post this but i wanted to show i at least tried to do something imaginative. Maybe its better if i just erased it with the rest of the trash :(
[Image: 578i578i.jpg]

So next week, going to work on still life, because i discovered i am ass at keeping a consistent light source. I think i plan on settling on some notation for direction and falloff/distance from source. Also, maybe i will do some imaginative work, maybe some kind of fanart so i don't have to worry about design. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy or Dota? Thanks for reading if ya did.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt today (Sketchbook) - by KyleScary - 04-27-2012, 02:15 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by stace - 07-16-2012, 08:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by FOERVRAENGD - 07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by ImSkeptical - 09-04-2012, 01:16 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by DanilleG - 09-11-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kevin - 09-12-2012, 12:38 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by deerandfox - 09-17-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fännek - 10-22-2012, 10:27 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Fei Ou - 11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by kaikaisushi - 04-16-2013, 02:25 AM
RE: What ImSkeptical learnt this week (Sketchbook) - by Brawk - 07-12-2013, 03:57 AM