Charlotte Sheen's Sketchbook
Thumbs Up 
(omg my figures hug the corners so much its annoying)
I like your style in that it is slightly simplified but realistic at the same time. You are on a good path and I hope you stay on this website more.

I like that you are putting boxes on your figures, that is incredibly important (and hard to pull off) and you are trying out so much figures and poses, keep up the mileage because you are definitely going to pat yourself in the back later down the road. I also suggest just drawing a lot of boxes in different angles because when you start drawing bodies in extreme perspectives and you have to start doing the ribcage and pelvis in box form and...

[Image: sweating-makeup-off-blotting-face-gif.gif]

Right.

[img=0x0]https://media.giphy.com/media/LRVnPYqM8DLag/giphy.gif[/img]The only thing I have to say is to work more on your gestures. There are some figures where the arms and legs are lolipops and that is no good bro. But there are also some figures like #6 on your second post where the leg in front swoops downwards and that is beautiful. But you don't do that a lot unfortunately...

Trust me, if you can master gesture and rhythm in the human body then everything else is easy, getting gesture lines to look good is a pain in the ass...

[Image: MikeMattesiForceVol1.jpg]

This book for figure drawing is incredibly fucking good, bro! Just search for a pdf for it, (or buy it, I heard he released a 10th anniversary version of this and updated a whole bunch of info) and study it because his philosophy on drawing the figure is legendary. (i actually have to do some exercises in this book myself haha)

Other than that, keep chugging man!

Messages In This Thread
Charlotte Sheen's Sketchbook - by CharlotteSheen - 06-06-2017, 11:18 AM
RE: Charlotte Sheen's Sketchbook - by Artloader - 06-08-2017, 07:48 AM
RE: Charlotte Sheen's Sketchbook - by AfricanVoodoo - 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Charlotte Sheen's Sketchbook - by John - 09-10-2017, 02:45 PM