Scwhingalongadingdong's sketchbook
Quote:Posted by Anton_Fort - 2 hours ago
I always wonder why people study anatomy like crazy when they don't know fundamentals. I also wonder why don't they draw bones, a whole skeleton. It's a basic structure of the body so why don't study this first? You must understand a lot before jumping to anatomy.

Thanks for the tips. I think it's because noobs like me don't understand how complex it really is. I've actually had to reevaluate my goals at the top of my sketchbook a lot since I started due to the vast amount of information I'm getting bombarded with. The problem was I really didn't know what the fundamentals were exactly and what the most basic level of abstraction was. So I've been 'regressing' a bit.
Not sure about skeletons though. I think that's one step up from basic mannequins. I consider what I am studying now as anatomy - but just a very abstract level of it.

Lately I've been spamming out gesture drawings and boxes galore:

[Image: thegrindisreal_by_vaeldus-dbgw5rg.jpg]

There's definitely a lot I missed in the past! It's easy to get conceited and think you know it all. I clearly did get conceited and did cut some corners

Quote:Posted by neopatogen - 1 hour ago
Actually even in Loomis Figure drawing book mentioned by Schwing the "basic manneqin" is a simplified skeleton. I think the reason is that for most people muscles are more fun. I like how Proko calms down his audience in Anatomy lessons promising that the muscles are going to be very soon, just a bit more bones :) But I would not be so sure that Schwing missed this part. Skeletal structure also something one can repeatedly return to if not memorised well and if one realises there's some fundamental problem with one's figure drawings.

Oh yea. I liked the thought: "BWHAHAHAHA I'M GOING TO MEMORISE EVERY SINGLE MUSCLE IN THE BODY AND NO ONE CAN STOP ME MUAHAHAHAHA!!!"
I'm just going to iterate over things. Study fundamentals, try and produce something good (but it turns out shit), repeat. At some point they will be less shit. I hope hehe.

[Image: uOBOztR.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Scwhingalongadingdong's sketchbook - by Schwing - 07-01-2017, 04:07 AM
RE: Scwhingalongadingdong's sketchbook - by Schwing - 07-20-2017, 01:20 AM