I need help :/
I'm glad! You already had such a great base to work with. Your art has a good amount of detail in that background and makes me think of Tim Barton's space scenes. I think because of the amount of blending you didn't stray from the same colour gradient. The way light is read as colour in life is so subtle with changes sometimes, in structures like clouds I can imagine it would be a nightmare to blend that way. It is worth experimenting with - if you compare these two, you'll see that the values haven't been altered [except the night-sky] but by using those complimentary colours it really reads differently. You can make a quick edit by going to colour adjustment and increasing blues to see if your initial application still reads. You can use a transparency layer to affect hue and paint it in manually. You could in photoshop add a gradient map layer, cool dark purple on the left and warm bright yellow/orange on the right, with the gradient favouring the yellow. Given your technique, you might refer to artists like James Zapata who start a painting under a gradient map so colour is adjusted as they're painting values. It's a good way to apply something quickly with minimal effort while having it read really well as three dimensional, rather than a pixel-by-pixel approach.

Be sure to update here for us!

Sketcherinos

Link Tree

Discord: emnida

Messages In This Thread
I need help :/ - by yangdaniel027 - 01-17-2018, 05:09 AM
RE: I need help :/ - by RottenPocket - 01-17-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: I need help :/ - by yangdaniel027 - 01-18-2018, 03:25 AM
RE: I need help :/ - by RottenPocket - 01-18-2018, 05:01 AM
RE: I need help :/ - by xelfereht - 01-19-2018, 12:29 AM