Where it’s at - Illustrator looking to build skills!
@darktiste The arms are intentional, one is supposed to be withered and frostbitten and the other one is much bigger to compensate.

@Zorrentos Yeah I really need to work on my poses, gesture is definitely my weak point. Serves me right for only taking longer pose drawing classes and no gesture lol. I drew the first character with Even's help at every step and the second on my own, it's hard to live up to the standard I set on the first one!

@JosephCow Thanks! Yeah I need to work on rendering form, I am starting to understand but I don't have  a really strong grasp of it yet. I tend to get lost in detail and lose the bigger sense of form.

Anyway here's some random Warhammer 40k fan art I did, the portraits were a little older and I finished them off recently and the figure is recent. They are pencil and ink wash, I am trying to hit that sweet Paul Dainton style but I think he uses more pen and opaque gouache so I'll have to keep trying!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where it’s at - Illustrator looking to build skills! - by waronmars - 04-27-2022, 07:29 PM