Making a graphic novel / manga
I think i term of level of detail this is way to simplistic there not even an attempt at texturing but your using color to do that i would say not sure if it would work in black and white.I would advise to look at other web comic outside the realm of amateur comic if you want a idea of what you should strive to become.There no wrong or right anwers what is appealing is appealing what isn't isn't.My personal point of view is that if the artwork doesn't engage me it will be hard for me to want to read.Your art style should appeal to your targeted audience if anything that the only rule simple art style tend to work better with young audience will older audience will probably prefer a nice level of detail.A in between adult and young audience will therefor enjoy a moderately high level of detail.

I think outside of all those concern one of your primary goal should be to avoid alot of dialogue which can become really heavy on the read and avoid static pose and boring composition that are a eye sore in term of immersion of course i do understand that action scene are probably outside your current skillset it just more of a comment for your future self if you read this again.

I think that if can give you an advise is do your draft version in black and white and if the result is satifiying enough and generating enough interest make a color version else i think coloring is nice but it time consuming and i think were your at in term of skill it would be better time spent learning more art fundamental and principle of design or spending time to study various thing to inform your work and make it more believable.Coloring is relaxing but there no much to learn from it so don't inconsciously use coloring as an excuse to say your doing some work use yor limited time wisely.You can focus on what you like and enjoy or you can spend time coloring and see less progress in your work.

My Sketchbook
The journey of an artist truly begin when he can learn from everyone error.
Teamwork make your dream work.
Asking help is the key to growth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by Leo Ki - 06-22-2020, 10:54 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by Shuty - 07-16-2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by Zorrentos - 07-31-2020, 04:08 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by Zorrentos - 08-01-2020, 03:37 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by Zorrentos - 08-21-2020, 06:45 PM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by darktiste - 08-25-2020, 11:25 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by darktiste - 09-04-2020, 07:17 AM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by darktiste - 09-04-2020, 12:22 PM
RE: Making a graphic novel / manga - by darktiste - 09-05-2020, 02:50 AM