How to find (adult) art friends?
Seems this thread resurrected. Having gone from zero irl art friends locally, to a majority of my friends now being artist friends, I can confirm, you need to get offline and gtfo of the house (if possible)
I was lucky enough in last two years to have a few Atelier type places open up in town. I did / have been doing regular classes since then, and I met so many people. Many I see regularly. Because it's Wellington, there are a large number of artists around for such a small city, many working at Weta and all the other post prod shops around. Its a mix of students, pros and yep for sure, If you only go to life drawing there will likely be a few more senior or older hobbyists, but don't discount people because of age or trajectory with art, just because they aren't trying to be "serious" about it. You can still connect In meaningful ways with people if you're open first.
I've even made some fun acquaintances with the life drawing models, many are dancers or actors that vibe just as well with a creative lifestyle.
Farvus is right, there are Urban Sketchers groups worldwide and drink draws. Check em out, and if nothing, try start one.
Go to life drawing for sure, but best of all go to a class irl if around, and don't be scared to just talk to people when there. I find commenting about their work or perhaps discussing what you found fun/difficult/interesting in the pose or exercises is an easy ice breaker. They won't bite. Probably.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Nozomi - 09-11-2020, 10:05 AM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Farvus - 04-18-2021, 11:11 PM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Redfang - 04-22-2021, 05:58 PM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Who - 04-22-2021, 09:49 PM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Redfang - 04-23-2021, 08:01 AM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Who - 04-23-2021, 12:03 PM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Redfang - 04-23-2021, 07:51 PM
RE: How to find (adult) art friends? - by Anomily - 05-08-2021, 02:13 AM