One Thousandth time's the charm
Welcome to Crimson Daggers Arqm!

There's not really a rigid roadmap on here but resources that get recommended a lot are:

- drawabox.com for drawing in perspective
- How To Draw by Scott Robertson also for drawing in perspective
- Proko's anatomy courses on YouTube
- Any courses by Dorien Iten

I will also share my approach which will not suit everyone but it might give you some ideas:

My approach to learning has been a cyclical one, I might focus on drawing simple forms in perspective for a month, then move onto building my understanding of value and lighting and then move on to colour and then cycle back to drawing in perspective.

My attitude is that it is better to have a deep knowledge of a few fundamentals rather than have a shallow knowledge of loads of elaborate techniques.

Another thing I've found useful is to identify a master artist who's work I admire and study from them - if they don't offer tutorials then I just do master studies of their work and try to learn as much as I can from that process. It is useful to have an art hero who's work I admire as it gives me a bit of direction on what to study.

That's just me though and by no means am I saying that it is for everyone so please take whatever you find helpful and ignore the rest - we are all on our own journey and there are many routes to mastery :).

Good luck dude!

“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.” -- H. Jackson Brown Jr.

CD Sketchbook

Messages In This Thread
One Thousandth time's the charm - by Arqm - 12-16-2020, 03:01 PM
RE: One Thousandth time's the charm - by wld.89 - 12-16-2020, 06:43 PM
RE: One Thousandth time's the charm - by Arqm - 12-17-2020, 04:06 AM
RE: One Thousandth time's the charm - by Artloader - 12-20-2020, 09:43 AM