Poll: Who drew the best forest dweller?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JosephCow
20.00%
2 20.00%
Skeffin
10.00%
1 10.00%
Jana
10.00%
1 10.00%
RottenPocket
30.00%
3 30.00%
Pubic Enemy
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #26 - Whimsical Forest Dweller - FINALS
@Jana, deadlines utc midnight tho, so you would have had like another 10 hours, unless those translate to sleep times where you're at.

your mushroom dude is frickin adorable, although that cap marks him out to be deadly poisonous. I think the face turned out pretty decent, esp when considering you havent done faces in a while. Thanks for the crit too, I'm currently donking some grass blades on the floor, cos yeah it's a forest so the grass is going to be loooong

I upgraded from an intuous to the xpen 24 pro. The 22 pro e has lower resolution but is half the price. I'd say that increase in screensize is 100% worth the price, and that combined with drawing on the screen itself is actually the closest you can really get to feeling like you're working on a big a3 canvas/paper traditionally, but with the benefit of layers and undo. It's a lot more natural than scribbling on an intuous or on a small surface pro screen with its shitty pen, and I wish I got this sooner. I think its made my workflow a lot faster as well

I was a bit worried it wouldnt be as good as a cintiq, but the pen works nicely, did have some weird driver issues , but none since I deleted my wacom drivers and reinstalled the xpen ones. So yeah, I'm happy with it. And I was dumb and didnt realise there was a second protective film I had to peel off after the first, so I thought it had a weird rubbery texture until I peeled that one off. One thing is I did miss touch display, but I got used to not having that in 2 days. And going from keyboard shortcuts to express keys is a bit annoying because they won't cover everything, but I'm planning on buying a wired keyboard I can plug in so I have my opacity and flow shortcuts back.

Another downside is that this thing is so large I can't really use a second monitor as I'd have to twist my neck to the side to look at it. But this thing is so large you can your references on one side of the tablet and your work on the other and its fine. One last thing is that Ive heard of people having bad experiences ordering off the official xpen site, so you might want to use a trustworthy 3rd party retailer instead. Anyway if you have anymore questions go for it

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #26 - Whimsical Forest Dweller - FINALS - by Skeffin - 04-19-2021, 10:52 AM