Game Projects and Art for it
Hello,

I am into programming and I am working on little Game Projects.

For that I am also making Artworks.

I am not sure, if I can dare to call it "concept art", but theoretically what I am doing is the most pure form of it:

I am coming up with an idea, putting it down on paper/the screen, then making it into a game-asset and implementing it into the game.

I started a Youtube Channel for these projects and since the beginning of July I did 2 videos a week, always showing the progresses or little things that I learned (not necessarily about art).

I will show you pictures of each project and put a Link to a video about that project.

Hopefully anybody besides me finds Game-Making-Projects like this interesting.

1. 2d RPG Adventure Game

RPG DevLog 1

The "Artwork" for this Game is very simplistic, because it was easier to produce and get it on the screen.

I will have to change it in some way to make it appealing to a player, because right now probably most people would find it not appealing enough to wanna play it. Especially the characters, who are only better stickfigures.

2. Isometric Game (like a City-building game)

Isometric DevLog 1

Because the "graphics" of the first game are so simplistic, I was experimenting with Isometric Graphics, because it might have more appeal. But it is of course way more complicated than the 2d view.

3. Finished Project: A Megaman Level (and Boss)

Finished Level

Concept beforehand

I made this to warm up with progamming. In the video you see the whole finished Level without commentary. The other video was the idea beforehand.

And recently I began with my "Concept Art" like this: I was studying Architecture and then turning it into Game Assets for Game 1 and 2.

Video about this.

Also here is [b]DeviantArt:[/b]

https://www.deviantart.com/epistokrat

I am curious, if there is anybody, who finds this stuff interesting. I do, but I don't know, if other people do.

Messages In This Thread
Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-20-2021, 12:51 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by JosephCow - 07-20-2021, 04:11 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-22-2021, 02:41 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Zizka - 07-21-2021, 09:22 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 07-21-2021, 10:24 PM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by JosephCow - 07-22-2021, 03:18 AM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 08-10-2021, 11:41 PM
RE: Game Projects and Art for it - by Epistokrat - 08-22-2021, 04:23 AM