Please paintover my Pin-up Poster with better lighting (might be NSFW)
(08-20-2021, 05:17 AM)JosephCow Wrote: Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you. I'm kind of surprised this is a piece for your BFA lol, I feel like they would have raged against this at my school. But then again, maybe they would have thought it was nice to give representation to a nontraditional relationship. XD

I think if it were my piece I would have the window be a poster. Because it already kind of looks that way since it is quite dark. Right now you have a ton of stuff competing to be bright, the window, TV, rim lights, and shines on the clothing. That way you still communicate the idea of hollywood, but you don't run into the issue of needing that to be a light source and also have a light source inside, and also have it competing with the TV.  In realism there needs to be a strict heirarchy, where the window would need to be almost white in order to be in relation with the interior. With this, you can get away with more since it's stylized, but it still needs to read.

But if you did want it to be a window, i might do something like this. Darkening the interior so that the lights behind them read better. The downside is that it makes the colors duller, which is again why I think just simplifying the problem by not having the window is a good option.

Yes haha we are very liberal here in NYC. I go to SUNY FIT and everyone here is different lol. Thanks very much for the feedback. Your breakdown is helpful and the way you mapped out the light all makes sense to me now. I like the rim light on the girls behind and arm. Thanks again! Will apply your suggestions.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please paintover my Pin-up Poster with better lighting (might be NSFW) - by Boxlord - 08-23-2021, 12:54 AM