Poll: -
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
--
0%
0 0%
---
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Crimson CHOW #40 - Nature's Mistake - FINALS
Hi Lege1, thanks for writing. I was looking at your website and you have a ton of cool art. Did you have the same username on CA.org?

Regarding advertising the site on social media, it sucks that it's hard to find this forum, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that for a couple reasons:

1. I posted about COW and CHOW in the original Discord chatroom for Crimson Daggers months ago, and it was pretty active at the time, but I got zero bites. And I know that some popular artists like Mohammed Agbadi occasionally recommend it to people, but that usually results in maybe 1 person who only stays for a couple weeks or a month.

2. I don't have, nor do I personally know anyone with the kind of reach needed to get the message out to a wide audience. There is the option of posting it on something like a relevant board on Reddit, but that still isn't likely to get bites, because...

3. People in general prefer Discord chatrooms or groups on social media to forums now. The only exception is people like you who were on or read about the old ConceptArt.org and would like to find something like it again. Forums are considered a very slow and old-fashioned experience now, and professionals don't want to use them anymore because Twitter/Artstation/Instagram/whatever gives them much more exposure for far less of a time investment. This is why EVERY art forum, not just conceptart.org, slowly died over the years. I think the last contest with sponsors and prizes on cgsociety was more than 10 years ago. Of course, what got lost in this transition was substantial discussions (sometimes with MULTIPLE PARAGRAPHS IN ONE POST!) and a comparatively slow and relaxed way of communicating with other Internet goons. And most sadly, no more of anything like Wesley Burt and Android Jones drawing divinenibru's notebook paper OC for fun.

There were attempts to re-capture the magic with forums like this one and Permanoobs, but they only lasted as long as the initial excitement. The founding artists always eventually became deadbeat forum dads because the incentive for them to stay and keep an interest in their own forum just wasn't there. Dave Rapoza, Dan Warren, and DK started this forum about 10 years ago, and the first 2 last posted about 9 years ago.

Also, fair point, but my name isn't Public Enemy, it's PUBIC Enemy. I saw Public Enemy mis-spelled in a tracklist and thought, damn, I'm using that handle first thing.

A no A.I. art clause is a good rule, but I don't think it will be necessary on this forum, because I don't think anyone but people who are interested in drawing and painting the old-fashioned way are gonna use an old-fashioned art forum.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crimson CHOW #40 - Nature's Mistake - FINALS - by Pubic Enemy - 12-16-2022, 09:32 AM