The Pen is mightier than the sword
(01-01-2024, 11:58 AM)ThereIsNoJustice Wrote: After that I would focus on construction drawing, breaking things into simpler 3D shapes, perspective drawing.

Then rendering the forms with light and shadow.

Thank you for the suggestions.
I was also thinking about those topics. The very first thing to do is to draw simple 3d bodies like boxes, cylinders and a ball and then get it right to rotate the "camera"/point of view around them aka draw them from different angles and make them look right.

After being able to do that with the simple forms those forms can be upgraded and made a little more complex.

So this is what I started here on my next photos.

The Idea is to create a good looking scenery. Since I wanted to start with boxes I figured that this can become like a Diorama. It starts with empty boxes, but I can put other, more complex bodies into those boxes afterwards.

First step was to dabble a bit in perspective, which is especially easy with simple boxes.

But what I found is that it seems way more efficient to not use 1-point or 2-point perspective, but instead just make it (i think it would be called) isometric.
Just make all the angles the same, so that the viewer of the picture can see how big all those planes are instead of having all of them distorted by all sorts of angles which are different from each other!

So the Idea is a Diorama, which can be opened on the backend and then you can look into it.
Also it has several Floors.
It will be something like Graslands in the middle and Mountains in the back, where the highest boxes are.

Messages In This Thread
The Pen is mightier than the sword - by Pensword - 01-01-2024, 09:54 AM
RE: The Pen is mightier than the sword - by Pensword - 01-13-2024, 04:35 AM
RE: The Pen is mightier than the sword - by Lege1 - 01-23-2024, 06:54 AM