Wesley (iamdemsugar) Sketchbook
1h study of today's stream.

[Image: 20130613-Skull_study.jpg]
Wasn't too focused on this one a the beginning but learn a lot about the lips form at the end.
[Image: 20130614-Lips.jpg]
Stream of today. Try too design something. You can see how great it is.
[Image: 20130616-Random.jpg]
Portrait without undo and color picker. 1hour. Sooooooooo funn to do this dudes danm. I was more confortable because of this restriction god.

[Image: 20130620-PortraitWithoutUndoAndPicker.jpg]
I watched a recent Feng Zhu video where he mentioned not using the color picker or ctrl z to undo the entire process of a painting. Seems similar to what you tried here. This is a good block in start, and all it needs is further refinement of the forms. Have you done any fundamental form renderings? Like cubes, for example. Love me some cubes. Understanding how to render your basic geometrical forms should come first before moving onto something as complex as a human figure. And there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do those. Your construction drawings are super solid and you no doubt understand form; just need to begin to describe that form with value. Pick up Scott Robertson's dvd on matte rendering if you haven't yet. Great resource for this stuff.