Zantilona's Sketchbook
Here's a sketchbook for me, I'm hoping that doing this will help motivate me to do more studies. :) Not a lot at the moment, but I'm hoping to get more in soon.

Some figure studies using This
[Image: humanpracticecollection.png]

Environment thumbs; pictures were found on google.
[Image: bgpractice.png]

Anyone have any advice on improving with this stuff? Especially environments, I'm at a loss as to how to get the textures you can see in nature down.
Some stuff from my sketchbook- gesture drawings, some Loomis stuff, and randomness. My sketchbook won't fit in my scanner, so I had to use my phone's camera. Apologies for the crappy quality.
Not in any particular order.
[Image: 041.jpg]
[Image: 040.jpg][Image: 039.jpg][Image: 038.jpg][Image: 037.jpg][Image: 036.jpg][Image: 035.jpg][Image: 034.jpg][Image: 033.jpg][Image: 031.jpg]

I need more practice, so off I go to do some more. Anyone have any advice for improving with anatomy?
hey good start to your sketchbook. One thing that really helps when doing anatomy is not to see the body as a body but to see the big forms and shapes, like when you draw an arm don't think of yourself drawing an arm but look at the shape and draw it. One thing that is really helping me is finding the 'rhythm' of the pose and drawing this line, if you look into this book http://www.scribd.com/doc/2433698/BRIDGM...-from-Life it will explain the rhythm and many other great things to help when drawing anatomy.

Setting yourself a small target or goal to achieve each day such as draw anatomy for *insert time here* each day will help you improve. pixelovely has a 'class' setting which I find extremely useful, currently doing the hour long setting each day, which starts off with 30 second gesture sketches then moves onto 60 secs and to 5:45 mins and so on.

Also if you can going to an actual live drawing class with a nude model is invaluable, I'm currently looking for a place that does it where I am but haven't got one yet. Other than that sketch people on the street, on the bus, basically everywhere. That is the best way to impove, practice, sketch everywhere.

Thanks Jon, I appreciate the advice. That book looks really good, I'm planning on starting it soon. :) I've started setting goals for myself, it's helping a lot! :D
I'd love to go to a live drawing class, but I don't live in a very artistic area, so not much luck there I'm afraid.

An unfinished architecture study inspired by Mirre's own study, Here. Her sketchbook is really nice and extremely educational. :)

[Image: architecture1.png]

The photos I used as references are in the stock section of deviantart, the bottom one being here. Lost the link to the other I'm afraid. :/

I'll finish this up tomorrow, thought I'd put this up to prove to myself that I actually accomplished something today, hahaha. Architecture is difficult I've discovered.
Haven't been on for awhile, so here's just a pretty big collection of various stuff from my sketchbook that's been done over the past few months. Mostly actual practice stuff, but some fanart snuck it's way in there:

[Image: SketchDump1copy.png]
Concept of a rather strange underwater creature. Tips on digitally painting better are much appreciated at the moment.

[Image: CreatureConcept1.png]
Been pretty busy lately, hooping I'll start putting more stuff up soon.

Here's an attempt at a painting I started yesterday, messing around with a color pallete I found online. I have a really hard time with rendering details, so any advice at all would be extremely helpful.

[Image: ColorPaletteExperimentcopy.png]