Zombie portrait - WIP
Hij there all :)

New here, hopefully some of you is up for giving some feedback and helpful tips for me :3
Currently I'm working a bit on/off on this zombie portrait, having roughly spent 3 hours on it so far. Before taking it too far into the rendering, texturing phase and all - I'd love some feedback on how to improve the concept.

[Image: oqj4f9.jpg]

Cheers
/Benjamin Bach
Solid piece so far man! First thing I noticed thoe is the size of the ear, I see you have it partially missing but even knowing that the size of the ear is just too small for the size of the head. Another thing I noticed is you are not going dark enough with the shadows on his face, you can really make that eye pop if you bring down the value on that side of the face. Since this is a zombie portrait you can also push up the rot/tearing in his flesh, like I did in his mouth. You can also do some stuff to his body, maybe make a hole in his neck and the tongue hangs out!

Hope this helps.

[Image: IK6vJ.jpg]

Hey there atrenr! :)

Your critique is much appreciated - I agree with the size of the ear totally! And you're very right about not daring to dive into the shadows. I'll fix this!

Cheers man :)
/B
Hey Benjamin,
There are a few anatomy issues that I would look to resolve before moving into the rendering. The neck is too long, the teeth don't seem to follow the form of a jaw bone, etc.

Here is a quick paint-over to attempt to show what I am referring to:

[Image: 20120709-zombie-paint-over.jpg]

I didn't take the rotting flesh etc. to a finished level, and my paint-over is a bit desaturated, but hopefully it gets the point across.

Happy painting.

Brian
Hey there brianjohnson!
Glad for your feedback - looks like you really put in some effort in the painting proces too. I've been looking into the neck-length and the jawline, finishing up other things too. Will post once I'm further in the proces.

Thanks again Brian!
/Benjamin
Hey all again. Took a little while before I reposted here again - but after a little holiday I returned back to it and reworked some stuff after the feedback from people here + close artist-friends. I wanted to try out doing a neck wound and put some maggots in his eye - but unfortunately that didn't worked out any well. However, some blood on the teeth helped the zombie-feel.

I'd love some final advice and tips before I'm finishing this piece entirely! :)

[Image: 3307ed3.jpg]

Direct link to pic: http://i48.tinypic.com/3307ed3.jpg

Cheers and thanks for the feedback in the earlier proces once again!
/Benjamin