Adzerak's book o' sketches
Dude that boxer came out facking suave as hell, reaally nice blending of colors and edgecontrol! I suppose that the dwarf is an application of that study? If not, you should totally repaint it. Because dwarf pirates are badass and you can never paint enough.
Great job on your aquarelle paintings. They complement they medium very well. Keeping it broad and not interfering much with the randomness of it all! Swell!

Bjulvar: Thanks man! That dwarf felt sweet to do cause i tried a new technique which quickened my process a little (not that painting fast when you're still learning is that important, but it's nice to get into a flow faster and so on) And sure doing those boxers really helped with getting some skin tones down quick. Gotta keep chugging it! (I guess that is yet another expression for: continue painting a lot xD)

So here's some photos of gesture drawing from school with a model. Fastest are 30 sec, the others 3 min and 5 min.

[Image: Kroki_02.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_08.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_01.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_03.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_06.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_07.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_04.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_05.jpg]

Here's another thing done with the "gunman approach" by mr mullins.
Guess I promised to save a process too heh.

[Image: GoblinMage_WIP5FINAL.png]
[Image: goblinprocess.png]

Just a quicky. Time for some environment and perspective studies soon, mmmhmmm!

[Image: StonesOfRuin.png]

Some gestures from school and marine studies. Nice getting more used to using lines digitally too.

[Image: ModernMarines.png]
[Image: Kroki_09.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_10.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_11.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_12.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_13.jpg]
[Image: Kroki_14.jpg]

You're a glasses-wielding nerdy painter guy. So what do you do when your glasses are broken? Guess you paint something nerdy and very comfort-zoney and be quick about it!
almost one hour spent on this handsome fellow ^^

[Image: UndeadBarb.png]

Heya

I just took a quick gaze at your sketchbook. Sheesh I never know what to say. Those marine guys are very nice! Just a general little tip: be careful with your legs! You ( and I personally,too) tend to make them to short especially the upper leg.

You have a great sense of lighting though! Guess that's all from me.
Man - post 83 is totally sick. love your steps - thx for sharing :-)
Zipfelzeus: It's usually hard to figure out what to say heh xD And yea I hear ya, been noticing that a lot lately. Need to practice proportions more all over, usualy tend to make the head to small or too big also. Thanks for the reminder ;D

Construction: Thanks! That piece felt like a small art level up.

Been away from home and had somewhat of an art block (usually comes with being away from home)
So time to post again! Here's more marine/getting more used to digital lines-studies and some gross brainspawning lizard. Yea...

[Image: ModernMarines_02.png]
[Image: BrainBelly.png]

Kind of a quick one. Survivors venturing into toxic areas while succumbing to the voice of the tunnel.

[Image: VoicesOfTheTunnel.png]

Here's some 30 sec gestures done without letting go of the pen. Doing one continous line is really tough, but kind of nice so i get to focus on the flow and rythm of the pose rather than getting caught up in anatomical detail, which isn't really the point of gestures I guess, at least not 30 sec ones. Gonna try doing more mannequin-esque gestures too.

Also damn you Bjulvar for making me wanna draw them enchanted armors xD
Just two WIPs so far, but gonna render this fellow a lot today, will be a blast, yes!

[Image: 30Sec_01.png]
[Image: 30Sec_02.png]
[Image: EnchantedArmorGuardian_WIP1.png]
[Image: EnchantedArmorGuardian_WIP2.png]

So! Some updates!
The one hour knight was interesting to do cause it was a long time since I timed myself while painting something. Usually I work kind of quick and leave stuff a bit half finished-like. So it was nice to see what could be pumped out in one hour. Guess it could go faster if i had started painting with values rather than design with lines first, will try that nnnext time!

Feedback is always welcome, especially for that floating enchanted armor thing. Gonna render it more tomorrow, more reflections and lighting and details where needed. Also trying out to render the focal points first before detailing the rest. Feels good, think it will give me a good idea of how much to render the other stuff later on.

[Image: OnehourSnowKnight.png]
[Image: EnchantedArmorGuardian_WIP3.png]

Good job with the sketchbook. Looks like you are sketching a lot of ideas. Maybe you should try and push one of them as far as you can.
Keep it up!

Hey thanks for the comment there Raz. Actually sitting right about now and rendering that enchanted armor some. Want to push the focal points as much as I can and try to "complete" the painting, if you will.
But yea, more ideas will be pushed!

Really nice new stuff Adzerak! Quite cool how I can inspire you and in turn you inspire me right back with that armor! Awesome that it has more of a flowing feel to it with the cloth floating as if the smoke is able to lift it! As a suggestion, I'd probably work in a more obvious second light source just to make the armor pop more. See if you can find a color that works well with the turquoise. I'd use some purple, but only because that's the only thing I use right now.
Great nordic girl there aswell. Would be sweet if you experimented with more textures in it! If you continued that is.

Love the work man. Keep it up as always <3

Aaaaand the armor is done! Too bad I didn't read your feedback before there Bjulvar xD Didn't really get a second light source going, but I changed it so that the light comes from the spirit in the armor. Kinda pleased with that heh ;D

Well, onwards to new stuff. Felt good to render something a bit more, give it a more finished look and what not. Next "finished" piece won't be sci-fi OR fantasy, hotdiggedydamn! So stay tuned!

[Image: EnchantedArmorGuardianFINAL.png]

Scannses precious! Yep, some sketches who finally got scanned.
Also, if you want to hear me doing some extremly manly backup growl vocals (the song is nice in other respects too! ;D) check out this folky-rocky tune by Welcome to Rome. http://welcometorome.bandcamp.com/track/...unpunished
A bit of shameless promotion I guess, but I think it counts as inspiration. Listen to it while you draw and imagine all kinds of cool stuff!

[Image: BeefElf.png]
[Image: Sp%C3%A4nnOrc.png]
[Image: ElfSatyrHalfbreed.png]
[Image: MarineGurl.png]
[Image: Northman.png]
[Image: FleshLion.png]

Slow with posting, but weeeell here's some 30 sec one line-ish swooshy gestures(lines get shaky and messy and that pains me, but it feels like I learn more and more to let go, feel the flow of the pose instead of getting bogged down with details) and two wips of desert landscapes. Did them on my laptop and looks kinda odd on my stationary screen, time to calibrate that crap i guess :/

[Image: 30sec_01.png]
[Image: 30sec_02.png]
[Image: 30sec_03.png]
[Image: 30sec_04.png]
[Image: 30sec_05.png]
[Image: ArtRageGestures_01.png]
[Image: ArtRageGestures_02.png]
[Image: DesertRuins_01WIP.png]
[Image: DesertRuins_02WIP.png]

Here's some more scans!

One of these days I'm gonna sit down and practice feet xD I know I can draw them if I put time into it and focus, but often when I draw characters I don't care that much about them heh. Know that I should cause it screws the balance otherwise. Need to practice at simplyfing the form of them I suppose, so drawing them comes more naturaly. Not that long ago I avoided feet and drawing "whole" characters all together.

[Image: FacesOfNorthmen.png]
[Image: LanternLady.png]
[Image: RatArcher2.png]
[Image: PonderMagus.png]
[Image: WarpedWarrior.png]
[Image: ShyGurl.png]
[Image: ShortAssGuy.png]
[Image: Stalker.png]
[Image: SerpentBarbarian.png]

A stonestudy, where I tried my best to observe the saturation on rocks in a desert environment. Gonna apply that to the bugbear assault WIP thingy.

[Image: DesertRocks.png]
[Image: Bugbear_WIP1.png]