sexy gamer
hi everyone :)
my second post here

So right now im working on this piece that a friend of mine challenged me to do, about a sexy girl playing dota2 , and im feeling that something is missing, like it doenst have zaz or really anything interesting going on in the picture, ive been frying my brain to find a solution, but nothing so far.

so here i am hoping that someone might help me out a bit with advice, it would be greatly appreciated :D

[Image: challengecopy.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Hey jorge just did this quick little paintover for fun

-Gave the girl a kind of sexier pose and panties showing Th_113_ "Zaz"
-Added a second light source (the green lamp) to make it more interesting

-Fixed a little of the perspective issues (probably still wrong)

Well, hope it gives you some ideas; there's a lot more you can do with it.

[Image: Ideas.jpg]
wow thats great :D

thanks for your help, i have the second light source in my painting kinda like coming from a window, but i didnt think to add something like you did, i love the lamp idea,
about the perspective i had the horizon slightly unbalanced on purpose, the problem was the table wasant very correct so it was messing the idea up.
also her pose is definitly more interesting like that ( pantie showing = instant zaz xD )

thanks a ton for the feedback :D
ill post more as i work on it
Hey Jorge, also got some feedback for you, your lady had rubber arms and odd pelvic join to her left leg. Whatever you do with her pose I'd suggest working on getting the anatomy right first before you start to detail. Try and find some ref pics to help you with a pose. I like Dennis's suggestions though his anatomy is also a tad off (How is she alive with that waist!! no offence meant to Dennis; I know it's a quick PO :) ).

I'd also suggest adding some stuff to the environment to make it more interesting and lived in. Empty chocolate wrapper, cans, perhaps a discarded bra or two, a cosplay costume etc. I'm also going to make a comment about your interpretation of the subject; ok so we are talking a sexy gamer chick right...cool...but how often do we see the message perpetrated that sexy = big boobs straining through satin lingerie and no waist? I'm personally kinda bored by this mainstream playboy interpretation of sexy. How about adding a bit of personality to it. Perhaps a slightly tomboyish looking girl that's just come off a marathon session of DoTA; she is a bit dishevelled with tousled hair. She's wearing boy shorts panties (ie comfortable and functional but still revealing) and a singlet with a WoW logo on the front. One strap drops off a shoulder but she hasn't bothered to put it back. She's leaning back, headphones around her neck taking a short break but is clearly still smouldering in that tired but satiated after-play glow...:P Only a brief respite before she gets stuck in again.
Basically if you build a story behind your illustration as you go it will become more interesting because all these things will add to the narrative of the image. Good luck!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(07-29-2012, 08:57 AM)monkeybread Wrote: Hey Jorge, also got some feedback for you, your lady had rubber arms and odd pelvic join to her left leg. Whatever you do with her pose I'd suggest working on getting the anatomy right first before you start to detail. Try and find some ref pics to help you with a pose. I like Dennis's suggestions though his anatomy is also a tad off (How is she alive with that waist!! no offence meant to Dennis; I know it's a quick PO :) ).

I'd also suggest adding some stuff to the environment to make it more interesting and lived in. Empty chocolate wrapper, cans, perhaps a discarded bra or two, a cosplay costume etc. I'm also going to make a comment about your interpretation of the subject; ok so we are talking a sexy gamer chick right...cool...but how often do we see the message perpetrated that sexy = big boobs straining through satin lingerie and no waist? I'm personally kinda bored by this mainstream playboy interpretation of sexy. How about adding a bit of personality to it. Perhaps a slightly tomboyish looking girl that's just come off a marathon session of DoTA; she is a bit dishevelled with tousled hair. She's wearing boy shorts panties (ie comfortable and functional but still revealing) and a singlet with a WoW logo on the front. One strap drops off a shoulder but she hasn't bothered to put it back. She's leaning back, headphones around her neck taking a short break but is clearly still smouldering in that tired but satiated after-play glow...:P Only a brief respite before she gets stuck in again.
Basically if you build a story behind your illustration as you go it will become more interesting because all these things will add to the narrative of the image. Good luck!

thanks for the feedback monkeybread, greatly appreciated :)

about her rubber arms, do you mean the her skin is too shinny or that her left arm kinda looks rubber cause of the pose? and i know this is wrong of me but i did kinda feel that her left leg is off too, i redrew it a bunch of times, but youre right it still feels off :P

i dunno if im gonna change her look, but i definitely like the story around the character, ill have to practice that , thats probably why most my paintings look dull, and i also love ur tips on the environment, ill definitely add more stuff.

thanks a bunch for the response :D
No worries dude.... by rubber I meant it looks like she doesn't have a forearm bone underneath that flesh. It kinda bends and flops at an unnatural angle :D Her leg is attached too high up her torso and seems a bit large. There are quite a few issues anatomy and pose wise overall. Whenever you have anatomy issues; refs FTW!! Check out these refs I found in about 2 mins on dA. Warning: Nudity and sexiness disclaimer: :D Hope that helps.

[Image: 64af27977e6a7e95118fa6ab7e4f27dc.jpg]
[Image: ivy___reclining_by_folome-d5639ht.jpg]
[Image: reclining_by_drkshp-d4nrzb4.jpg]
[Image: Reclining_Lady_by_Ange1ica.jpg]

it helps a alot hehe thanks ;D im working on her arm and getting her leg down
so heres the latest develpoment, i changed her arm position, and lowered her leg also, what do you guys think ?

[Image: challenge2copy.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
That leg is heaps better Jorge. it looks attached now. So I think you're getting closer with the anatomy, though her right shoulder seems a bit off. It seems too far from where it should attach taking into account foreshortening and perspective; bringing it down and to the right a bit should help that.

I'm not convinced by that left arm position change though: it looks a bit forced. What is she doing in this moment? She kinda looks confused more than anything because of the pose. Her facial expression is also a little flat and doesn't give us any hints.

I'd also say to make sure your lighting matches the sources. The lamps you have are quite low powered and I feel she is lit a bit too evenly and brightly. You also want to make sure the lights seem like they are affecting your objects.
Look at the monitor's affect on the desk in particular in this image. Remember the monitor itself is a source of light, at the moment yours looks like a picture frame
[Image: gamer_girl.jpg]

Look at the way the lava lamps affect the walls
[Image: lava-lamp-2.jpg]

The main point, dude is if you haven't painted something numerous times already, check out reference beforehand and do some studies..it really helps :)

hey

i actually just added the lava lamp light affecting other stuff , but i did forget bout the light of the screen affecting other stuff, but i still gotta fix the screen looking like a picture frame yeah :P

ill give another swing at the arm, ahhhh face expressions, im not very good with those xD ,
i dunno what to do there ill have to study some on that

yeah i gotta get used to check some refs, i used some for the lave lamp, and yours for her right leg, but yeah old habbits die hard, i just gotta do it more often cause it helps a ton

also since ive been away from the painting a while, i think i notice her right leg is a bit small, and her left too large.

gtg hehe ty
ok so after some tries in trying to change her head and arm, i couldn't get nowhere :/ so i think im gona call it, i improved the lighting , and added some more details, but nothing too fancy, and im gona make it a bit sharper, cause it looks kinda blurry i think

but yeah i get now that i should have done a more dynamic pose, give it some narrative, and expression.
now i know i really need more studies from refs to make those expressions and poses easier, also anatomy is such a pain :P

anyway, tell me watcha think , what could i improve?
btw how are the colors ? i have trouble with colors, i never know if they are too saturated or not, if they look ok with the overall painting.

[Image: challenge22.jpg]