Ørjan Svendsen's sketchbook
Hi there!

My name is Ørjan Svendsen and im a concept artist working for a small game company called Sarepta Studio in norway. I spend my days drawing textures and boring props at work, so i figured if im ever gonna get anywhere i need to do it on my free time! From this day on im gonna post a minimum of 5 studies/sketches a week, every week. If i cant even do this, then i might as well be a texture artist for the rest of my life!

Im starting today, and you can watch it all on my livestream! Hope ill see you there. Beware though, even though im a working artist i have a LONG way to go. So dont be disappointed!

Livestream: http://www.livestream.com/svendsenart?t=694621

Ørjan Svendsen
Website - Facebook - Deviantart
Heres todays spoils! 2 hour speedpaint of Naomi Scott. This is the first time i have ever used the soft round. HARD! But i can absolutely see its advantages over the hard one. Suddenly everthing is like... soft.Ref can be found here.

[Image: naomi_scott_speedpaint_by_byakko_kun-d4nhfz1.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Lovely protrait, great piece of work.

And im done! Spent about 1 hour 40 mins. Thanks to those who joined me on my stream! Ref is here.

[Image: gorilla_speedpaint_by_byakko_kun-d4nl0zr.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
nice work sir!

Tried to do some Rapoza'ish stuff today. Not really pleased. Afraid to go and compare it to his work so i wont =p

3 hours, no ref

EDIT: Just noticed, this guy has a friggin TROLLFACE!

[Image: skeleton_dude_speedpaint_by_byakko_kun-d4np1f3.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Loving the ape, keep up the livestream work btw, big norwegian fan right here :)
(01-27-2012, 12:48 PM)Unik Wrote: Loving the ape, keep up the livestream work btw, big norwegian fan right here :)

Ouuuh my first fan! =P I will keep streaming for sure, but i had a lot of small shit to do yesterday, so there were many breaks in my painting session. Don't wanna stream with constant 10 minute breaks :-/

Will also take a break today since there's crunch time at work and my hand is getting really tired. Dont wanna get tendonitis again!

Ørjan Svendsen
I need to learn how to use soft and hard brushes to create depth, but im failing hard at it. Any tips? Suggestions to what i should paint that will help me?

For today, here is a crappy LOTR movie still.

[Image: lotr_movie_still_speedpaint_by_byakko_kun-d4nw5uf.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Trolololoooo

Lovin the goblin study. Keep up the good work, Örjan :D

From imagination today. Had a hard time with this. Totally changed it the last hour or so and it finally came out okay. Learned quite a bit though! Trying to push the soft vs. hard thing.

Took about 7 hours INCLUDING doing the dishes, making dinner, eating dinner, watching some cooking show with my girlfriend and washing clothes. So i guess maybe 3-4 hours of painting time.

[Image: drooly_mutt_by_byakko_kun-d4o0xrs.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Didnt have too much time today, so i did some shitty anatomy sketches. I suck at this time frame! I think im best at 2-3 hour stuff. Any more and the progress starts going really slow and any less and i dont have time to get my shapes in order. MOAR PRACTISE!

[Image: 301sa.jpg]
[Image: 302lf.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Im not saying im good at bodies, but its pretty clear that im shitty at faces. O well.. at least i know what to work on. And hands! And feet! GAH! Spent about 1 hour 30 mins on this. Half of it on the shitty face

[Image: nude_woman_study_1_by_byakko_kun-d4obvxz.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Some more quick ones

[Image: female_anatomy_studies___10_min_by_byakk...4oc4rq.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Quick monster-speed. about 30 mins. I havent been lazy! Ive been working on a client piece. Slowly trying to slip into freelance, but its hard when i work 8 hours a day. Ill try to keep up both the work and the studies!

[Image: fishnake_by_byakko_kun-d4ovkr5.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
A baby and a goat. I couldnt finish the goat, cause i didnt have enough RAM...... :D

5 hours for the baby and 2 and a half for the goat. Baby is huge, cause its my friends and he wanted it printed.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ørjan Svendsen
Was swamped with work last week but im back on track now! 2 hour movie still today.

[Image: move_still_study_2_by_byakko_kun-d4qeskk.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Awesome stuff man! That things with all the spit flying out of it's mouth is crazy.
Comp sketches for the Diablo 3 contest. I wanna make this image awesome, so please hit me with anything and everything suggestion and crit-wise! HALP!

[Image: diablo_3_contest_comp_sketches_by_byakko...4qiokh.jpg]

Ørjan Svendsen
Im sorry i havent been posting recently, but im currently in the hospital with a crushed ankle. Im an active snowboarder and miscalculated the speed i needed for a pretty big jump. I hate landing on the knuckle, so i always take a little more speed. This time, however, i took alot more speed, jumped over both knuckle and landing and landed flat. Even though i landed perfectly straight on my legs, my ankle just got crushed under the pressure.

So, if anyone was wondering, now you know! Ill be back to posting in a few weeks though!

Ørjan Svendsen