Bridgman Human Machine
Hey daggers,

I recently got a couple Bridgman books as a gift from an amazon store. One of these books is Bridgman: The Human Machine. The cover looks legit, it is paperback and looks like a legitimate bar code thingy on the back. When I opened it up though, I was pretty shocked to discover the poor quality of the print and images. It seriously looks like they xerox copied it back and forth about 50 times before slapping it in the binding. I'll post pics if it will help. I also received Constructive Anatomy which is muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better quality.

Do any of you have Human Machine? Is this a normal thing or are there some .... Dishonest people in this world trying to pull one over on aspiring artists.

I just had a look on amazon.co.uk where it lets you look inside the book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Human-Machine-Do...0486227073

Looks like that's the intended quality of the print, however there's lots of people complaining about the quality of the print on the website. If you're not happy get it returned to them! :)

Yeah,
Thanks Laura
I did look at the amazon page and see some people complaining. Some of the people were giving raving reviews too though. I suspected it was out of support of Bridgman, and not actually them owning the book themselves. I was hoping I was wrong though. Some of the images are much worse than what you see on the preview.
Thanks again.

There's plenty of places to get it as a pdf instead, would do until you find a proper version of the book. I had a look on a few websites, looks like that seller you got yours from is binding photocopies - hence why yours is so bad :(

Get it returned and get your money back, if you need help finding the pdf and I'll grab it and throw it in a rar with a few others for you and throw it into my dropbox :)