Anatomy of a Pinup - Class Closed
So much awesome work going on here, it's really impressive.

And thanks eizOga for that blog link, ive been looking for a site like that for a while now.

Anyways, enough spamming from me, just wanted to say keep it up, its great to watch ;)

Okay! So here are my first 5 head drawings! :) I'm reposting the first 3 as well, because I've corrected a tiny part of it.

Now time for the 5 paintings! :P

You are your only limits!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Ok so two weeks in a row had was completing assignments a day or two prior to the saturday class - proved problematic as the studies work better with time to stop and come back to. So here goes on number three - starting the line drawings tonight!

I've attached the samples for the line drawings and the paint studies. Tried to find some different expressions as well as a decent variety of faces.

Shyam let me know if you think any of these aren't appropriate

- so where the rest of you at so far?

hey LaleAnn - awesome you are following along!
Check back on page 4 of this thread for Shyam's process video on what he meant by line drawings - yours look more like basic tonal studies than line work.

Yeah ok so I've always had a hard time getting people's likenesses - not super happy so far - guess it's just gonna be about practice-.-
@shyam - do you want these to be tighter? I'm using a pencil/sketch brush for these
@lewislong - thanks for sharing man, suer took a while to get these, like that dramatic Theron pic!

Will also drop box my selections later today!

Attached Files Image(s)

these are great Toma ! would love to draw few of those heads.

Hey guys! Shyam, Toma, Deepak, Chris, Raz, Nele and Lale!

Just starting the 3rd Assignment today. Been busy packing bags, buying train and coach tickets, changing currencies, buying gifts for family and friends etc for my trip to the UK on Friday. Forgive me for not posting anything yet.

Here are the refs I've collected. There are many more but this is an example of the kinds of female faces that interest me as beautiful characters. I'm keeping all the refs for all the classes documented in several places on the web and my many computers so I always have them to study from (especially when I'm in the UK!).

Maybe the face types are not varied enough, if you think not then I'll make an effort to collect more! I'll keep everything updated in this post but still make new posts for each time I finish a study or two. I'm going to tackle this by completing one drawing followed by one painting. I'm going to complete them all but I thought it would be good to mix the studies a little to keep me on my toes.

I'll be using the full size photos for each study, these are just here so you can see what I'm studying.

I'm streaming these right now so if anyone wants to come and say hi, please do so!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=8322]

Oooh so nice! EizOga, Lewislong, is there anyway I could get the full resolution files for your reference pictures? I'd love to work on these!

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
My refs can be found here! Hope it helps =D

Assignment 3 Refs - Dropbox

(10-30-2012, 10:17 PM)LaleAnn Wrote: Oooh so nice! EizOga, Lewislong, is there anyway I could get the full resolution files for your reference pictures? I'd love to work on these!

Hey LaleAnn - will post mine as well later today!
Yeaayy! Thanks a lot guys! :D

Sketchbook
Blog
Portfolio
Hey guys! Nice ref's and work done so far!
Got some heads done :

Update first color study:

Another one:

Toma, Raz those looks nice...now you guys can start working with colors !

(11-01-2012, 02:33 AM)shyamshriram Wrote: Toma, Raz those looks nice...now you guys can start working with colors !

I'm on it! Just updated the 2 extra drawings I had essentialy completed on Tuesday - will post colour progress later tonight!
This killed me haha! First one but I stayed true to Shyam's request. I learnt so much on this alone though. I'm going to do another line study and then do a colour study. I've never pushed a digital line drawing this far. It could go further though. As much as it killed me, I'm really enjoying it. Drawing prettiness/beauty has always eluded me!

eizOga - i assume that those color studies are not final..try to make them as tight as possible ..and like i said earlier, try to finish one study at a time..
lewislong - yea, i've seen your struggle on livestream :D proportion wise it looks ok, we can discuss more in the session.

eizOga: I really like your color studies! Nice loose brushwork, I never get that right :(

I didn't have that much time this week, so I could only manage 3 drawings and 3 paintings.
Not really satisfied either. I can't get the likeness right, my faces keep looking like hamsters :/
Need to practice mooooooore :D

Ok here are my sketches. I want to one more then I could covered 4 different ethnic facial types.
Damn interesting stuff. I could see my line work improving over these three drawings.

Now comes the painting part. *Sigh*

@eizoga, @razvanb08, @laleann,@lewislong: good going guys!

Holycrap! Nele Klump! you have done it again! Bravo!
(11-02-2012, 03:54 PM)shyamshriram Wrote: eizOga - i assume that those color studies are not final..try to make them as tight as possible ..and like i said earlier, try to finish one study at a time..
lewislong - yea, i've seen your struggle on livestream :D proportion wise it looks ok, we can discuss more in the session.

You got it Shyam - these are the first pass of the colour studies. I would stop once at a certain point in my process (once I couldn't make good distinctions or judgements anymore) and then proceed to another. THis way I woul dgive myself a break and come back to view it with fresh eyes later. I have since started stage two with my Natalie Portman protrait - taking it to detailed finish

hehe ... couldn't help myself - have been staring at her face for too long!
@zesiul - you're a MACHINE man, crazy amount of work you did, tonals too! nice job :)

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm alive! Heh sorry i seemed to have missed the party!!!! a hurricane hit and my work station was disconnected from the world until mere hours ago. Fortunetly I had power so I had time to work between the week. I finished the bulk of the work... but didn't actually complete it :[

I would keep painting but I have to wake up in a few hours to catch the class in the morning.

You all are improving so so sooo much. I'm so happy to be a part of this whole experience. You all rock so much! I can say it's really great to come on from a break like that and see you all working so hard. :]

Here are my pieces (I did the "line" studies over again as a value because thats what I saw others doing last weekend)

[Image: Colored_Girls_1.png]
[Image: Shaded_Girls_1.png]

Excuse me if they seem slightly "rushed". I did 3 of the colored ones today alone inbetween driving for several hours to pick up my younger sister at a bus station. phew, I'm just glad to have gotten 4 done! haha

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Hey Chris,
nice to see your studies..color studies are ok and we will talk more about them in the session, but the b/w studies..well, those are nice, no doubt about that...but i was expecting line drawings like i did and posted on page 4.
see you all after few hours.
i've posted assignment 4 in the first post of the thread.

here are my final files. to class!