Set up tablet properly
I have a Wacom Graphire4.
I'd like to mention that I am completely new to digital art too.
And I somehow think my tablet isn't set up properly. Is all I do: plug it in and tick 'Shape Dynamics' in Photoshop under Brush preferences?
The only thing I can think of is if you didn't install the driver from the cd first, go here - http://www.wacom.com/en/support/drivers choose your tablet, and your operating system, download the latest software, install & follow the instructions. With my tablet I had to put in the cd first and it asked me to plug in the tablet a little later through install.

Hopefully that helps.

Sketchbook ▲  Website ▲ TwitterArtStation ▲ Twitch ▲

Hey there,

Not sure I'm understanding your question correctly but if I am you shouldn't have to change anything in the brushes panel to get your tablet to alter the brush strokes through pressure or angle. If a brush is set up to utilize those values, it will do so automatically. If not, you may need to reinstall the software.

The brush packs suggested on this forum have numerous pressure-sensitive brushes that you can test it out with.

For example, from this forum there is this brush pack that has pressure-sensitive brushes. The third from the bottom (size 26 fur texture) is pressure sensitive. You can test with that to be sure if you want.
Just make sure you install original tablet drivers, not the windows ones (they mess it up)
and you are good to go.

I think I got it now. Though why do windows ones mess it up?