[Image: 8188408349_44ff0ce117_c.jpg]
orcishvampirepaint by gswine, on Flickr

I've been working on this for a couple days now

some questions

how are the "wings" looking?
- is the skull idea stupid?
- does the one on the right look like it's coming forward

decorations
- should I have more clothing/decorations like bracelets/necklaces, gauntlets. etc. these would be made out of bone

all suggestions and crits welcome

based off of dawnguard
Love the way you are painting the anatomy, with the stringy skin and small horns. I would mess around with the composition, seems like a great piece for more of a spiral composition. I would experiment with the placement of the staff and really play up the wings, the wings could really play into the spiral comp. as far as the skulls are concerned ask your self "why" why does the vampire have them, and why on the tip of the wing, this might make flight harder also if you keep the skulls move them of the edge of the painting. Everything on his person should have a reason if you don't have one then I always get rid of it. The lower right hand smoke could also play into the spiral comp.

Crazy cool piece!

yeah, i like the way you are rendering it, the colors and atmosphere have potential too.
But i dont like the composition, the skulls are almost out of the picture and the vampire is towards something out of the image too. I think a more centered (and toward the viewer), powerful composition would be better.