Poison Ivy and Superman
Here's a piece I worked on recently. I recently graduated from art school. I'm looking for some critiques and perhaps a paintover. Thanks for taking a look!
[Image: hush__poison_ivy_and_superman_by_silverwarp-d5oxamg.jpg]
Heya, just a quick c&c for the main issues I see. The two things that stand out for me that could be improved are anatomy/pose issues and muddy colours.

For anatomy on PI her waist appears incredibly narrow in proportion even taking into account her twist. The curve of her hips and the pinch where here left leg joins at the hips is quite strong and combined with the narrowness of her hips makes that area seem almost serpentine.
Her arms are a little "rubbery", I think you need to look at the angles of her wrists and where they attach to her arms. The foreshortening on her arm touching SM's head isn't quite right.

For SM his upper torso appears a little disconnected to the lower and again this might be to do with a really narrow waist. I think his visibly hand is pretty small and you haven't nailed the posing of it so it doesn't seem to really wrap around his bicep, making the whole area seem flat.

Colour wise I do like subdued palettes but I think your colours are tending towards muddy or overly grey. Maybe you can try bringing a bit of saturation back into certain focal areas to offset the overall grey appearance. You could also play with a little bit of a stronger lighting scheme to give the image a bit of oomph. The background is a bit plain at the moment and the cloudy effect always to me seems to be a bit of a cop out.
Nice work on the rendering in general, it's a nice soft look and the expressions are great. :) Hope that helps!

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
Thanks for the reply. Some of what you've stated sounds good. I think a hint of Metropolis in the background would be a nice touch (this is a scene from Batman:Hush) and using better references for those "rubbery" parts where I essentially made things up. I'll go back and adjust a few things. Thanks again!