New guy
Hey everyone, all the best wishes for the new year.
Been drawing again for the last month after a break that lasted a couple of years.
Because i was having fun with it again (something i lost for years) i started to look up some tutorials and found this place. So this is the first picture i put on the web in years and i need some critique because i'm staring blind on this one.
Hope you like it! (and hope it works)

[Image: sketching_zps245136d3.jpg]
Small update?
Reworked the face etc.
Bit better?

Attached Files Image(s)

Alright, first the lower leg, shin area of the womans leg is looking abit wonky, and the perspective on the hand just appears quite off. I'm not skilled enough to point out exactly how without doing a full paint over which I may end up doing. Have you tried flipping the piece, it will reveal alot more seeing it with fresh eyes.
It looks like it's been compressed horizontally, everything looks kind of skewed. Widen it up to see if it's getting better.

the main problem is that you went into rendering before getting the pose and anatomy right

Don't hesitate to pose in front of the mirror, take the pose you want to portrait. Feel how it feels.
Or find references for the pose so you don't work with those perspective issues from the start.

Hope it helps

Attached Files Image(s)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
-Lao Tzu

Blog | Sketchbook | dA
Thank you all for the reply's.
And about the arm... can't believe i missed that one...
Changed a lot of things in photoshop from the original drawing, i guess i looked over it.
You're all a big help! :)
I'm glad I have joined here.
Found the time to work on it some more.
Made a couple of changes, but still far from finished.
(Hands needs to be more defined for example)
Better?

Attached Files Image(s)