Hello :)
Hello :)

I kinda suck at introducing myself, but yeh, let's give it a try.

My name is Roy Verstegen, just like my username. I'm from The Netherlands, so if there are any more Dutchies here: *highfive*. I started with drawing about 4 years ago.. Since then, I think I made a huge improvement.. haha. My first drawings look very unreal, and far away from 'manga'.
Now my art looks more like humans drawn as easily as possible, because my anatomy skills arent that good.
Then.. Well I'm kind of random. Sometimes just don't take me very serious. (I will try to keep that down on this froum, but it's no surance.) Random.
Then I could open up a new art thread and spam you with some elder works I already finished and stuff, but instead of that I'll just give a link to my deviantart and spam you with my upcoming WIP's. :) Click, for my DeviantART.

And I have to say I really missed this 'Forum' feeling. Some forums have expanded too much with brilliant idea's, like a gallery function, a featured function, and that kind of things, but with too tiny group of members it feels more like playing an MMORPG with 2 people.

If you have questions to me, just ask me! You can ask me allmost everything about everything. I only don't have an answer to everything. but yeah.

Greetz!

Edit:
Lol maybe it's helpfull to tell:
I started with drawing manga. I just searched for an manga tutorial an learned how to draw a face.
After .. what was it, 2 years? I stopped drawing for a few months. I just thought my art was bad and I didnt made a lot of progress. But then I started to pick up my pencil again and since then I've had a few art blocks. In times of an art block I usually pick up an pen and start writing. Then when the art block is cured (haha) I could bring my new idea on paper.
A few months ago I started with realism, I don't have anything to upload, just a WIP, but nothing more. I want it to be almost perfect right the first time.

Edit2:
I', so impressed by everyone's work.. O___O
Hey Roy, cool you joined the group! I actually think it's nice you want your pieces to be the best possible, but don't be afraid to post some studies or unfinished stuff as well. I'm sure you'll do fine!

Hi, Thanks!
I'll upload as much 'studies' as I do.
I usually never do an art study.. O.o
Mostly I'm just drawing a portrait and I've learned how to draw faces int he period I drew manga haha. But still, a lot of practice is needed!
We all love studies here, so give em a shot, cant get enough of them :D use your personal work to get a direction then study study study and use the group for support. Welcome to Crimson Daggers *streamers, confetti, some balloon animals etc etc*

Hahaha, okay, I'll try to do some studies from time to time.
Just because you tend to love it!
I'm more like try, fail, try better, fail better.