Composition good? PLEASE HELP
So i dont know if i should make this more of a low angle like horror shot or if composition is good?
Also if i shout sharpen BG or Foreground to create more depth.
and is there a better way to show off spell fire and its glow/light reflecting on tree w/o overexposure on hot white areas. Should i add color into trees? to make it not so much one sided?

And any advice on anything i cant see atm. to make it more complete when rendering.

Attached Files Image(s)

well this is just my opinion but, the composition doesnt look good to me.
You have all that blue and white shiny stuff on one side while the other half of the picture is empty.
That witch thing should be in the center of the composition because it is the main element here.
Unless this is for a complete book cover (front, back, etc) then could be okay since the picture will be splited into three.
But there is other problems too, the color palette, the values and anatomy of the character.

My advice is, stay away from digital painting for a while and do some traditional painting with oils or acrilics. Trust me or not, but it will help you to understand color and a bunch of other things in a little time.
Also, i recommend you to read "color and light" by James Gurney.

Maybe this helps, cheers!

After Viewing your sketchbook on here i understand more bout what you mean by traditional stuff. The palettes from your studies are far more effective in achieving realism and mood. Sadly im broke and going into digital painting class for next 4 months -__- but afterwords ill do oil and guache studies. But for the time being im going to keep in mind the oil and traditional pallete when i move into paintings more and see if i can apply it digitally until these classes are done and i can rebuy EQ for painting.

And ill get the book and give it a read as well! ^_^b

Thank you for your time and advice on making me better.

(01-23-2013, 08:58 AM)EduardoGaray Wrote: well this is just my opinion but, the composition doesnt look good to me.
You have all that blue and white shiny stuff on one side while the other half of the picture is empty.
That witch thing should be in the center of the composition because it is the main element here.
Unless this is for a complete book cover (front, back, etc) then could be okay since the picture will be splited into three.
But there is other problems too, the color palette, the values and anatomy of the character.

My advice is, stay away from digital painting for a while and do some traditional painting with oils or acrilics. Trust me or not, but it will help you to understand color and a bunch of other things in a little time.
Also, i recommend you to read "color and light" by James Gurney.

Maybe this helps, cheers!
no prob mate! glad to help, just the book will help you greatly (its helping me greatly!)

Interesting thought, try flipping the middle tree and the girl (the tree is leaning to the left and the girl is leaning to the right).

Would really like to see what you do with this piece.

Help me i feel like im missing something composition wise but i cant figure it out
To answer your concern. Someone or something in that bright focal point on the ground at the bottom of the stairs. You lit that area but whats the reason or focus there to be? At least thats my opinion. Add something and i think itll make a huge diff.

(04-05-2013, 06:39 AM)Pete-Hidalgo Wrote: To answer your concern. Someone or something in that bright focal point on the ground at the bottom of the stairs. You lit that area but whats the reason or focus there to be? At least thats my opinion. Add something and i think itll make a huge diff.

FUCK!! YOUR RIGHT I FORGOT BOUT THAT DAMN IT! THANK YOU HOMIE