Еxactly MY skeтchbooк
Againe sickbrushe's assigment. №4 now... Part 1- Line work of my self portret. Daggers, looking at this linework s.p. can you say, more or less, how old I am ???)

Attached Files Image(s)

Fooh... it was really hard for me! I don't know wat to do after grayscale values. waste a lot of time to understand how i can paint fcking portret! As a result I used layer mod- Color. So for me it was painful assigment)

Attached Files Image(s)

Character assignment! It was hard for me... i waste a loooooooooot of time on this Mavis! I didn't know how to create characters... I mean what to do at first (after creation reference file) and then... Maby someone knows cool character design tutorial or can make one here on CD )?

"Oh, Mavis... He is a savage spirit, very close to nature. Sometimes you see him talking to deer, other times you see him ripping off trees or throwing huge boulders at his enemy with his strong arms. His morphing ability is unnerving but so beautiful in it's way... He sometimes grows the arms of a bear or a rhino, even the jaws of a crocodile. His normal stance is scary in it's own way or rather impressive and it feels as though he is one with Mi and Mi is one with him. Whenever we travelled in scorched plains and desolated lands, it felt as if his power grew weaker and his heart was heavy with sadness, but every time we were in the deep forest, I saw his eyes glow with joy. He keeps his deer horns almost every time and wears them as proud as the earth itself. In my mind, he is nature itself and I respect both him and the path he walks. He used to say, "Come traveller, I have one more thing to teach you." So many years later, he still says that to me...and there are still things he teaches me...
© Sickbrush

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm very lazy recently... So i'm going to improve my anatomy.

Attached Files Image(s)

Awesome site with anatomy images

Attached Files Image(s)

today's anatomy stds

Attached Files Image(s)

I started this like torso and back studies but i slightly carried away )

Attached Files Image(s)

In all honestly I really like how you approached the character design you did above. I can see you making some pretty sick stuff with a little more practice. As for my suggestion for you I recommend toning it back on color for awhile. Really focus on values. Do studies using 10 measurements of value; 0 being white and 10 being black. Try not to blend try to only focus on the values without much mixing. Once done either take notes (it's what I highly recommend) or if you have a good memory just remember what you learned.

At the moment your values are usually not dark enough and most of the time are mostly very bright. Try to correct that. As for the head and faces I recommend Loomis' Drawing the Head and Hands book to learn construction of the head. Sure it may be boring but you'll never improve without studying and construction is a biggy. For faces honestly for me just draw portraits of people. Anyone really it doesn't have to be a celebrity it can just be a friend or a family member or even a self portrait. By combining what you learn from your head studies about proportions and construction and what you learn from your portraits you then can apply it to your own faces from imagination.

That brings me to my final point... doodle. Doodle the shit out of your day. Continue to study but at the same time seriously just mess around in your sketchbook, even if you hate what you're drawing just start a different drawing. It's honestly in my opinion the best way to see your improvement is through your doodles.

Hope I helped, keep goin :)

Forrestimel, thank you for advices. I needed some feedback from forum... And i am gonna try value studies as soon as possible; maybe i will combine it with anatomy studies. On portraits i will focus later. Thank you and yes, you helped! )

Value\ anatomy studie. And i tried smudge tool on this one.

Attached Files Image(s)

~ 4 hours film studie

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice anatomy stuff! And i like how much thought you put into the character you did. You might want to try using the color picker to check your accuracy after a study though, looks to me like your missing your dark darks and your bright brights in the overall value range of a picture.

Keep up the work :D!

I don't post anything here a lot of time... but this does not mean that I'm didn't draw all this time) Here my refs and process for AWESOME Bloodsports 13!

Attached Files Image(s)

My studies for 14th bloodsport:

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick jungle studies:

Attached Files Image(s)

skull studies

Attached Files Image(s)

Your values are gettin better man, some of your darks still aren't dark enough though. Work more in B&W, it really will help. I'm glad to see you following along with Suzanne's class too, nice job so far :)

You're improving! It's a nice progress, but you can push it even more! I definitely agree with forrest, push your values. It's something simple, but goes a very long way. Look at shape too. Not just the whole 3D form but also the silhouette. Maybe try the letter box method to start off, see what feels right.

And it was really nice seeing your anatomy studies up top this page. I would recommend making those a daily routine if you could. Anyway, keep at it!

Cheers!

Available for Freelance - Portfolio | CD Sketchbook | Blog | Email
Question 
Thank you guys for supporting replies and advices! It's nice) I'am planning to traine my values, anatomy and Suzanne's portrat studies all April. No bloodsports, cool film studies, and other)
Zesiul, i'm not quite understand what is: "letter box method"...

Here studie that i started at the beginning of my drawing studies, before i joined CD, and started learning fundamentals... It was very hard for me and I could not do it! But today I finished it!

Value- Metal studie (from Daarken's site))

Value studie

Attached Files Image(s)