The Alchemist
Here is a new one... this time I did the full image from start... Not like the last couple of times, partially, adding part by part... I might change or add some stuff later but that will be just details and small things... did some planing, some tubnails, some proportion studies and here is what I came up with...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1718366&d=1361025837]

ok i noticed that i made the clothing on the hand with the book, in the shaded part wrap around like its standing right besides his body and it should be wrapped around like the hand is coming towards the camera... That makes the forced perspective of the hand look odd... and i know it is correct because I made a 3d model out of spheres and cilinders to check the perspective...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1719135&d=1361091588]

Didn't get any crits this time... :/ but anyway here is what I could come up with on my own...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1732176&d=1362167184]

(03-02-2013, 06:20 AM)IgorIv Wrote: Didn't get any crits this time... :/ but anyway here is what I could come up with on my own...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1732176&d=1362167184]

dude.. its like two different people worked on this one xD
really funny how everything turned out so super professional
i miss the green spiral thingy in the finished version though xD it looked so steampunk
Its good that you used some textures over your painting,but don't use them too much.
Also ,what I would suggest is to watch over for the shadows. You have few light sources here, and for example you are missing some shadows on the table from the objects. Background looks much more interesting this way but I would not make it this much intense,-so the main character could stand out a bit more. As the chains are going further they should be blurry. You have focus on the characters.not on them.
But overall-its a really interesting presentation of picture with its own story. Lovely use of green and pink color.(I'd kill that blue in the background a bit more with green).

CD dA FM  MaL
Creatisity: Thx man! Thank you very much but is it professional level yet? :/
Toxicpanda: Yea you are right... totally forgot those shadows on the table... not shure if the green in the background looks better cause i wanted the blue to contrast all the green but I tried it so let me know what you think... Also, blured the chains a bit...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1732518&d=1362206673]

(03-02-2013, 04:46 PM)IgorIv Wrote: Creatisity: Thx man! Thank you very much but is it professional level yet? :/
Toxicpanda: Yea you are right... totally forgot those shadows on the table... not shure if the green in the background looks better cause i wanted the blue to contrast all the green but I tried it so let me know what you think... Also, blured the chains a bit...
[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=1732518&d=1362206673]

dude listen to toxicpanda, she's got it right :)
Yeah, toxicpanda is right. tone down the background, and increase the shadow on the outlines of of the character (like opposite to rim lighting) ( becaue theres no light source coming from the top and back - if you darken/ tone down the background).
Besides that add some stains and dirt to the character! It's an Alchemist - he should have some stains from acid on his clothes . his hair shouldnt be like he went to a hair dresser a momment ago - so straight and "glamourous":)