Vices Sketchbook
Why not have one here too!

Attached Files Image(s)

One of the hardest things is keeping my mind focused.. like "This line is moving backwards and right in 3d space" or "this darker color means it's moving backwards.. this is flat but has cast shadow.."

I fall into autopilot where i'm just making the motions all the time. I guess that's good if the result is good but stuff usually winds up looking flat

Aaa :D Finally some anime/manga looking sketchbook. Love your studies and specially this first colored girl because she looks the same as one of my fav manga characters but I can't say her name :3 Have fun and keep up with good work^^

CD dA FM  MaL
Toxicpanda - Thank you~ I'm still trying to get the right mix of anime/realism. Kyrie does a great job of that: http://kyrie0201.deviantart.com/gallery/

Still figuring out how to render basic clothes folds/wrinkles

Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook ;).

Cool start to your sketchbook, I like how you accentuate the curves in the female forms. Do you warm up or do any kind of gesture sketching? I think doing some would help give you confidence in your lines and speed up your nailing of the poses in the initial sketch phase. Keep working hard and posting up your progress ;).

Everything is full of pretty ladies, definitely my kind of sketchbook. :)
I specially like that "manga" like rendering and drawing on some of your sketches.
If you are having problems rendering clothes, just start doing studies about that one after another.

Cheers!

Anime/manga is not my favorite style but I have to say you do it nice!
Keep trying to mix anime/realism. You'll get beautiful paintings ^_^

Awesome, manga styles! Have you seen this guy's work, especially his sketches and faster drawing/paintings? It's similar to your style, and you might like it! His site is completely Japanese, but it's not too hard to navigate: http://cpt.ninja-x.jp/

Focus.