House Of Flying Daggers Group Studies/Paints
Welcome to the post thread for House of Flying Daggers study group :)

This is a group with a weekly theme of study and a Friday meeting time over Google Hangouts. We also have a Livestream channel set up for sharing our work and progress.

One weekly theme posting and area of focus will be decided on every Friday. Besides the weekly challenge, daily studies can be posted here.

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

House of Flying Daggers Study Group - Week 1

Anatomy Warm Up: Human Head

To get the ball rolling, we'll be doing a series of sketches, based on the methods shown in the Proko tutorial videos found at http://www.proko.com/videos/ (under the Portrait/Head category)

Form and proportion will be the main focus for this exercise and peer review/critique will be open for participants on Friday, March 22
Just a reminder the weekly paint topic will be decided this Friday the 22nd. Announcements will be posted to the group thread here - please post any WIPs, studies and such to this thread at any time you like. Thanks!

“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.” - Carl Sagan
WIP/Sketches | FB

So is it okay with you guys if I occassionally hop in to the challenge while not being there on the skype sessions etc.? I can't really make promises like that... (Schedule moves all the time)
Sure thing :)

WIP/Sketches | FB

[Image: attachment.php?aid=17288]

All of it is a bit wonky. Gonna do some more digitally
Week 1 studies:

[Image: 8581676128_a3ede252cc_z.jpg]

[Image: 8580574447_0240c928dd_z.jpg]

[Image: 8580574291_7bc56dd8bf_z.jpg]

[Image: 8581676536_d35a5483d1_z.jpg]

[Image: 8580574719_1be13a29de_z.jpg]
Thanks for posting these studies guys. I apologize for software difficulties and rough spots in our first meet, but if you have any suggestions please post to the Google+ group. Looking forward to some constructive meetups!

WIP/Sketches | FB

Hi guys. here are some gestures for this weak, the time changes betwen 2-5 min, feel free to critique if you want. I´m really not sure how to learn with fast studies.

[Image: 8592793585_ab4ccf8bd5_b.jpg]

And the character for this week, I choose raijin, from the japanese mithology, he is the god of thunder, it was interesting to do but I am not used to do full pieces and strugled a lot. Can´t wait to see everyone´s gods!

[Image: 8593902356_04fb3c7910_z.jpg]
I think doing quick figure drawing will help you understand which line you put down can help show the form better. :> ( my opinion)

and here is my figure drawings. all done within 5 minutes :> will upload the creature tomorrow :>

Attached Files Image(s)

Here is my less know mythological creature. he is called liu er ni hou (something like six ear monkey when translated). he is very similar to Sun Wukong, i choose him because not many people know him. so here it is. Didn't have enough time to finish render the armor, but it looks quite finish i guess :>

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=19140]
From the subject two weeks ago, 'Mythological Creature Concept':

[Image: 8622516923_0da4dd393c_z.jpg]

From last week's subject, still life:

[Image: 8623621618_7ee35e03df_z.jpg]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=20643]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=20644]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=20918]
[Image: attachment.php?aid=20917]
This week's session was about continuing anatomy studies

Attached Files Image(s)

WIP/Sketches | FB

[Image: attachment.php?aid=21130]
done with school works!~ here is my fruit and anatomy studies ~ :)))

Attached Files Image(s)