Seeking motivated individual for healthy competition and studies! :)
So, figured I'd make a post and see if anyone was down for some healthy competition and study goodness. I'm Shane, 27, and I'm basically trying to make a go of this art thing for a living. One thing I've noticed is I don't have many people I talk to who are into Art and/or seeking to do it for a living and I think that is something you really need (to be surrounded by, ideally). As I mentioned earlier I kind of thrive on competition and I love having another person or two where you're both trying to one up each other. It just seems to help bud creativity and it's more fun...in my experience anyways.
THAT being said, I'm looking for someone who's fairly serious about this, and at roughly my level or above. I've been trying it seriously for a couple of months now, and maybe...6-7 months before that where I was working at it, but was doing another mediocre 9-5 job to pay the rent.
We don't have to do studies together every day, but a chat, maybe what we're working on, that kind of thing. I'm mainly focused on illustration, with some concept art thrown in for good measure so I seek to improve in all the basics really. Anatomy, composition, value, color theory, perspective (the list could go on).

I'm on the west coast of Canada, so pacific time. That being said I can pretty much adjust to any hours (I'm currently a nightowl as you'll likely see from this post). Send me a PM and we can chat it up on Skype if I think we'll make a good fit.
A link to my DA so you can see where I'm at: http://ssandulak.deviantart.com/