Looking for partner: Need to get better experience with Photoshop.
Hey all,
After seeing that Bloodsports got restarted after a long hiatus, and Daves livestream warm up today, I'm wanting to get into this more.

I'm more of a 'traditional' artist, and often work in pencils, inks and paints, or in clay. I tend to 'fiddle' with digital mediums, and have never had the time (or money) to go fully into classes outside of the occasional online or community ed course. The mental transition from traditional to digital is a serious struggle for me. I can understand color/value and its manipulation just fine in paints, but throw me in Photoshop? I feel like a caveman trying to start a Ferrari. After many years of freelance and professional work, I know that honing my digital skills is something I really HAVE to do, and now in my late twenties, I know what my strengths and weaknesses are.

I'm looking for a buddy here to work with and collaborate with, that is willing to potentially 'dumb it down' when it comes to the nuances of digital media like Photoshop. Like brushes (yes I was the annoying guy asking about slanted brushes), or shortcuts (I can barely remember any of them.

I have some of my recent and old work up on my blog here:
http://allanh143.wordpress.com/portfolio/

Thanks guys, and looking forward to seeing new stuff from everyone!
Dude, you're in your late TWENTIES and you reckon you know what you're good at? You can become anything until you hit the floor at ninety years old. You can even learn photoshop. Both my grandparents use it!

I could partner with you, I'd like to do more traditional stuff to sell at art fetes and so on and I'm more or less clueless with actual paints - if I run into any bumps or whatever while using those (though I reckon it'll be intuitive) I suspect it'll be nice to have a person to ask. Or bitch at.

Here are some of my digital paintings: dA Gallery

I'm well-versed in brush-making and Photoshop shortcuts, as well as some other programs. You really ought to try others before settling on the iron-clad behemoth that is Photoshop.