Vertical's sketchbook
thanks dennis :D I need to be more active here...

I've been drawing a lot, just haven't been scanning. here's some gestures and stuff.
[Image: 7camelsstudy.jpg]
[Image: 10sgestures.jpg]
[Image: 15sgestures.jpg]
[Image: 30sgestures.jpg]
[Image: gestures.jpg]
[Image: lines.jpg]
[Image: compsketch.jpg]
[Image: sealstatuestudysmalled.jpg]
I'm trying to review the basics right now. I'm planning on doing loads of composition studies from movies and going through the animator's survival kit and other books this summer, as well as stepping into freelance illustration and making some money. These next 3 weeks will probably be the freest of my life for a long time, I need to use them as much as possible.
I've also started to work out every other day. I'm not really eating better yet though, more to work on :/

driver's license test is also on my list..

Oh, and I applied to my local community college, going for a associate of Arts & Sciences degree. That will help me be well-rounded. older people say that's important to be and I guess I believe it is, but I don't know why yet.
still not working hard enough. I need to start making money or I'll have to get a non-art job, and that would really suck.
I don't need money, but I need proof that I'm being productive
sheesh...I need to use my time, it's all I have.

Attached Files Image(s)

Here's some more lines and some comp studies from kingdom of heaven, I'm gonna be studying a looot of movies.
sorry for the awful photos
[Image: HNI_0052.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0053.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0054.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0055.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0056.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0057.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0058.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0059.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0060.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0061.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0062.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0064.jpg]
ooh, 3 stars. I feel special :)

I need to go over my preston blair book some more...and work on a contest entry and practice perspective and do more film studies and order a light table and eat healthier and go to the gym more. Not sure if I'll be posting the film studies :/ so much to do! And my graduation party's on sunday! :D
[Image: HNI_0067.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0068.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0069.jpg]
[Image: face-1.jpg]
[Image: hall.jpg]
[Image: hallcolored.jpg]
[Image: mic.jpg]
[Image: ponythumb1.jpg]
[Image: ponythumb2.jpg]
[Image: hangar.jpg]
Star 
bleep

Attached Files Image(s)

Congratulations for all the hard work. Just watching from start to finish your posts and seeing a lot of progrees!! :) Keep it up!!
thanks dude!

I'm gonna be gone a couple days, here's a wip for a contest I'm working on. It's taking a lot of work and I guess I'm getting to that stage where I'm not sure of the idea or my skills, but everyone I show seems to like it and I'm excited to finish and enter.
ugh it's 4 AM I should probably sleep

Attached Files Image(s)

hmm, I haven't done a study in a while...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hooray, I'm famous on deviantart a little!
Not drawing enough again.
[Image: HNI_0080.jpg]
[Image: HNI_0079.jpg]
[Image: chocoboknight.jpg]
I have succesfully created my first piece of animation art using a light table and I am displaying it for free [URL="http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu243/wingkitsune/?action=view&current=frog.mp4"]here[/URL], you're welcome. may your eyes bleed before its excellence.

okay no idea what I was doing when I made that anyway here's a few drawings, I'm too lazy, I'll start working harder, haven't I said this before, blah blah blah, the end.
[Image: scan0010-6.jpg][Image: scan0011-6.jpg][Image: scan0012-5.jpg][Image: scan0013-5.jpg][Image: scan0014-5.jpg][Image: skulls.jpg][Image: NewCanvas.jpg][Image: gestures-1.jpg][Image: creepyeye.jpg]
(06-15-2012, 01:08 AM)Vertical Wrote: hmm, I haven't done a study in a while...

great work, the color scheme really makes the composition pop out and the perspective gives a great sense of scale.