How many sketchbooks do you have?
So I think online sketchbooks are pretty kick ass. It's tough to find another place where it's almost expected that people will post their less than stellar work as well as their proud pieces. The feedback, the community, making friends, it's all awesome.

I've had a sketchbook on conceptart.org for a while and recently after I became serious in art I started uploading stuff regularly. Actually since I couldn't get into art pre-wacom my CA sketchbook is pretty much everything I've done. It's like my art history. Which is great because later when I'm a professional artist (pls cross your fingers) it will be a nice road map.

The thing is, as i'm sure lots of you know, CA has tons of good people and amazing artists but it's not a very stable site and there are some aspects about it i'm not thrilled with. Due to some downtime issues and whatnot I spent a few hours last month porting my whooole sketchbook over to CGhub which looks pretty big and glitzy. I got interested in participating here at Crismon Daggers after listening to a few artist interviews. I can't see porting my whole sketchbook here also, and anything I post here I would also update back at my main book.

I'm just curious how other people think about their sketchbooks at all the different forums. I know probably lots of people started traditionally with pencil and paper and might be less attached to their digital books.

Cheers all!
Hey Vices! i started a sketchbook first of Conceptart i think, but because of the reasons you mentioned and some others, i dont update it too often.
I have sketchbooks too on Cghub and ImagineFX but i only update them from time to time.
Those sites are just to big and impersonal to my taste, the only sketchbook i update regularly is the one here on the daggers.

I suggest you start a new sketchbook here and maybe post a link to your CA sketchbook on your opening post.

I agree with Eduardo, The big sites have tons of people on, which is great but can be overwhelming where as this site has a little less it makes the community very close knit, which I personally like. I'd suggest creating a new sketchbook here, post a couple of your older works in it to start it off and then post your stuff that you do from that point.

First sketchbook was at conceptart 5 years ago, then I started crossposting on CGHub and here.

Whenever I update one, I update the others with the same images.

Hiya! Hiya! Hiya!

Sketchbook | Deviantart | Tumblr