Murphy's Sketchbook
Hey everyone.

I'm Tim, and I'm a computer science student and I don't know why. I like illustration and cartooning mainly, although I hope to try out animation as well at some point.

Hope to get along well with all of you and work together to make great work :)

Critique and feedback is greatly appreciated!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So to start things off, here's a couple self-portraits, a few drawings from a pocket sketchbook, and some figure drawings from life. I'll try to get more variety into later posts. :P

Attached Files Image(s)

Anatomy studies, some anatomy from imagination to test myself, couple misc things, a few 3D models, and a drawing from a pocket sketchbook.

Attached Files Image(s)

great portraits tim! keep up the good work
Thank you very much Yololex!

A little more anatomy from today, back's a tricky one, and a little playing around with some markers.

Attached Files Image(s)

nice potraits, you need moar anatomy studies...

Life is full of possibilities, If you don't make mistakes then you'll never learn.

Sketchbook
dA

(05-30-2013, 03:43 PM)kencentric Wrote: nice potraits, you need moar anatomy studies...

Thanks. I need more of everything man!

Finals are finally over.

Coming up with figures from my head is very hard, and not entirely accurate...But I shall keep trying and studying!

Attached Files Image(s)

I'm still trying to get into the habit of uploading consistently, I admit, I'm pretty bad at it. Now would be the best time for me to establish that before class picks up again.

In the meantime...Still trying to understand the arm. And some studies of Glen Keane's Rapunzel drawings.

Attached Files Image(s)

Small update.

Attached Files Image(s)

Some studies and a WIP.

Finally starting to get away from doing just studies, much more enjoyable. Don't know how I got into that habit in the first place.

Tried some cartooning, not posted, I can tell that's going to be a whole different ball game. Can't wait!

Attached Files Image(s)

Trying to do some facial feature studies. Difficult, requires more attention and thought, especially on eyes.

Working on values for the painting.

Last night made me realize I'll never be happy programming and need to refocus myself, use any time I have available to draw.

Attached Files Image(s)

More eyes, think I'm starting to get the idea, and gestures. Think I was focusing on the contour too much on the first few.

Attached Files Image(s)

Portrait practice, "bean" studies, and a couple color studies.

Attached Files Image(s)

solid studies man, and thanks for the comment! I'd love to see some cartoony work or animation :D Bit of a technique crit concering your latest portrait, since the paper has been left white any white spots on the figure, such as the lit spot on her cheek, look like holes inthe first read. I think if there was none of the background value in the figure the silhouette would be a lot more solid.

Put a link to your sketchbook in your signature so it's easier to find! keep up the good work.

(08-06-2013, 04:17 AM)Samszym Wrote: solid studies man, and thanks for the comment! I'd love to see some cartoony work or animation :D Bit of a technique crit concering your latest portrait, since the paper has been left white any white spots on the figure, such as the lit spot on her cheek, look like holes inthe first read. I think if there was none of the background value in the figure the silhouette would be a lot more solid.

Put a link to your sketchbook in your signature so it's easier to find! keep up the good work.

Thank you! I'll definitely try to incorporate that value crit in the future. I think I'll start posting cartoony stuff soonish.

Finals week in finally complete, think I wasted about 80 hours on those final projects. Oh well, now I have all the time I want for the next month or so, time to be super productive

Attached Files Image(s)