Bloodsport #5-Howl's Moving Castle
Hi there! this is my first Bloodsport challenge! Here's some reference i spent time collecting today. My plan is to break down some of those compositions to see what they did and then rebuild my own with what I learned. Good luck to all!

[Image: jleigh_bloodsport5_refcollage1.jpg]

Adding my current progress , did some studies this morning on movie posters.

[Image: jleigh_blood5_itertoweb2.jpg]

[Image: jleigh_blood5_itertoweb11.jpg]

[Image: jleigh_towebwipieter3.jpg]

Just a subnote on the mental process:

The Hardest part of this type of challenge is that I'am learning that there will always be people out there better at certain things and worse for the matter than I am. Accepting that mine may not be the best, yet putting my best foot forward makes all the difference. Its my hope that developing these personal soft skills in house will help me excel in professional situations in the future. That being said let's gett'er done! 4 days !

Added some of the facial studies ive done, i really feel this is my weak area Im stronger with landscape and environmental art so i feel im quite weak here. But! that's good cuz i need the practice havent bin life drawing since 2009 so.... eesh faces and anatomy are practically new ground.

[Image: jleigh_bs5_studys2.jpg]

Well darn! I didn't make the dead line! i wont be submitting my current work but here's what I ended up with. thanks for viewing my thread i think ill go back to my other sketches for now and work on what i lacked in this one.

[Image: finaliter1.jpg]
[Image: finaliter2.jpg]
[Image: finaliter3.jpg]

In final this let me know: that im not well adjusted for this type of subject matter, that I lack practice with hands,faces,comic art and I also saw how far id come with my environmental art and how fast i can bang out those pieces comparatively to this one. Time wise I know i lost a few days simply to habit. Good luck to the rest of the contenders cant wait to see the finals!!!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
Great thread. Thanks for posting all of the posters and what not!

(02-01-2012, 05:58 AM)Awynt Wrote: Great thread. Thanks for posting all of the posters and what not!

No prob man!

"When we first meet people we see shallows, there after fathoms"
Website
Livestream
Blog
Some next level analysis there!

interesting Idea keep it up man

*He who says he can and he who says he cant are usually both correct*
blog
sketchbook
deviantart