Maja's sketchbook
THANK YOU so much! This is totally what I needed in order to continue with the picture XD

And yah, the back on the girl. I noticed that after I scanned it and uploaded it. Bleh. :(

Anyways, haven't been around much due to a month long trip, however, here I am.
This was a warm-up from a few days ago, now, on to Greebo...

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi, nice stuff going on here, Cthulhu poster ended up amazing ! :)
Last girl portrait looks lovely too, keep it up.

great sketches. I love when people do some Chulhu inspired stuff because everyone get their own idea :). the last portrait looks for me "vintage" and i like it:) great job

Matija and florentK - thank you very much for the support :D

I'm finally calling Greebo finished. It was a really sleazy, fun picture to do.

Attached Files Image(s)

Waaah, daytime job is killing my drawing. :(

Anyways, here are some lousy sketches I managed to squeeze into my horrible schedule, and a WIP for a digital winter themed image which I will, HOPEFULLY, finish.

I also kinda like sketch #2 in a maybe-I-should-digitally-color-it kinda way, but at this point I'll be happy if I ever get to digitally color anything in my life again.

Attached Files Image(s)

Scraped the ugly version above, this is progress so far. So much more work to do on her still... Gah, hell, I'll sleep when I die.

Attached Files Image(s)

Calling this finished.

Attached Files Image(s)

Nothing much, just what I was able to squeeze in between work. First up, rough sketch of Anubis. It's supposed to be a back tattoo design for a friend, so I have to add tattooish swirls and shit around him. BTW, I SUCK at that and have no idea whatsoever how to do it. Gave up yesterday after staring at him for two hours.

Next one, a picture that will kill me, rough sketch. Since all of my characters are pretty static and my backgrounds are usually shit, I decided to try something else. the most difficult pose I ever did, took me way too long to draw. Plus, I have to fix perspective everywhere. Meh

Did I mention I suck at backgrounds?

Attached Files Image(s)

Hi Maja!

Your pencil work is coming along nicely and I love the way you render your paintings.
Keep posting :D

Whooooooooaaa! How have I not seen your sketchy before? D:

That post... that post #24 - did you do that all using a hard round and old style blending methods?! That's insaaaaaaaaaaaaane!! Looks like a portfolio piece to me!

And y'know, I really like the design choices you made on this last piece - now I can see her as a real character - with a background story and everything! This piece could be like a prominent scene in a movie, great work!

Btw nice liiiiiiines! Oh and also: Addam's Family fan? woop woop! Th_100_

Keep it up Maja :D

sketchbook | pg 52

I'll be back - it's an odyssey, after all
Tamaira - thanks for the support :D

smrrfette - Thanks :D Actually, in #24 I've shaded with a hard round brush like I would with a pencil, and then spent a million hours blending it, and it STILL looks sketchy. Well, it was worth a try, I guess :)
And yaaahs! Addams Family rules XD

As for the last sketch, as I suspected, it is a bane of my existence. My painting sucks, I'll be coloring it later. Instead, here's today's study of skin colors in a dark environment, god knows I need it :P

Attached Files Image(s)

Still doing skin studies on blue BG. Here are yesterday's boobs I didn't really render because I was mainly looking for colors that work, and today's portrait I did to see what I've learned from the Magneto study and the boobs study.

Something's wrong with the portrait, but I can't really put my finger on what, since I've been looking at it the whole day. Ah well, I'm letting it go, I'll do the next one better.

Attached Files Image(s)

Quick update. Two pencil portraits (messed up eyes and ear on the second one) and this week WIP of my attempt at CHOW over at CA.org. Really bleh, I'm supposed to give her wings, and it's just not working for me. I'll have to think of something to fit the brief, though...

Attached Files Image(s)

Done...

Attached Files Image(s)