Need Opinion About this illustration
[Image: zssvb.jpg]
It looks really nice, the only thing that I an really say about it though is, what is your focus?
My first take of it tells me the focus is the rain.
If this were in a series, like in a comic book, I would say that you had accomplished your goal.
As a standalone illustration though, it really doesn't tell much of a story, just looks nice, gives a mood..
If you put a person in it, you could start telling more of a story.
Someone could be standing at the bottom looking up at the building, they could be in the building, or you could put someone on the top and use the fish eye effect that you have going there.

I hope this silly little post is helpful! Your painting does look nice already, so keep up the good work.
(06-21-2013, 12:24 AM)greyskill Wrote: It looks really nice, the only thing that I an really say about it though is, what is your focus?
My first take of it tells me the focus is the rain.
If this were in a series, like in a comic book, I would say that you had accomplished your goal.
As a standalone illustration though, it really doesn't tell much of a story, just looks nice, gives a mood..
If you put a person in it, you could start telling more of a story.
Someone could be standing at the bottom looking up at the building, they could be in the building, or you could put someone on the top and use the fish eye effect that you have going there.

I hope this silly little post is helpful! Your painting does look nice already, so keep up the good work.

these two illustrations are part of a journal note is about a Nazi hotel
Thanks for you opinion, it was helpful!!

[Image: dwtym.jpg]
I kinda second what Greyskill said. These are pretty nice, and I think you've captured the mood of the era you're going for but without context it might have been hard to place them without some obvious signs of nazi occupation.. They also seem like they are panels of a page in a comic rather than standalone pieces so that may work within your format but it's hard to tell without seeing it all together.
I prefer the perspective and architectural tightness of the first image (non eagled) but there isn't a clear focal point really. What's the focus...a blank grey rainy sky...not that interesting. The hotel facade is almost an afterthought. The buildings in the background of the eagle pic are a bit sloppier and could probably be a bit tighter with straighter lines etc and you could maype put a few highlihgts of refracted light through some water drops on the eagle to draw a bit more interest and focus. Hope that helps

YouTube free learnin! | DeviantArt | Old Folio | Insta
(06-21-2013, 09:52 PM)monkeybread Wrote: I kinda second what Greyskill said. These are pretty nice, and I think you've captured the mood of the era you're going for but without context it might have been hard to place them without some obvious signs of nazi occupation.. They also seem like they are panels of a page in a comic rather than standalone pieces so that may work within your format but it's hard to tell without seeing it all together.
I prefer the perspective and architectural tightness of the first image (non eagled) but there isn't a clear focal point really. What's the focus...a blank grey rainy sky...not that interesting. The hotel facade is almost an afterthought. The buildings in the background of the eagle pic are a bit sloppier and could probably be a bit tighter with straighter lines etc and you could maype put a few highlihgts of refracted light through some water drops on the eagle to draw a bit more interest and focus. Hope that helps
great, thanks for your help
I also agree to greyskill. It might be good if you introduced another colur, which draws the focus, like red (which is common on nazi-flags). Consindering this is an hotel, you could think about it's background. Zhe fisrt thing that came to my mind was: Why are there no signs of humans? Was it abandoned a long time ago? Why? Maybe a shooting happened, and there would be traces like a destroyed wall. Also there might be a way to add more seasonal nature, like fallen leaves.
Especially if you design an hotel, there could be some decorations, like red flags on top of the building, that draw the watchers attention.
(06-23-2013, 02:51 AM)SplIDsecond Wrote: I also agree to greyskill. It might be good if you introduced another colur, which draws the focus, like red (which is common on nazi-flags). Consindering this is an hotel, you could think about it's background. Zhe fisrt thing that came to my mind was: Why are there no signs of humans? Was it abandoned a long time ago? Why? Maybe a shooting happened, and there would be traces like a destroyed wall. Also there might be a way to add more seasonal nature, like fallen leaves.
Especially if you design an hotel, there could be some decorations, like red flags on top of the building, that draw the watchers attention.

actually the hotel is abandoned. haha, I think the next time should be better contextualize
thanks